Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sam Vokes-Joined Leeds

I know we got David Mooney but surely Sam Vokes must of been a better loan signing. I remember him having a brilliant game against us last year i think? but recently he joined leeds on loan.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/8315591.stm

Comments

• The current bun reckoned we were in for him but he chose Leeds instead.
  • Sam Vokes is more the Johnny on the Spot or Fox in the Box player.

What Parky needed is somebody who could cover for Burton, lead the line and act as target man.
    So he said.

So Vokes .... good player, but not as cover for Burton.
  • What Oggy Red said

I'm surprised Vokes didn't go to a Championship club. His goals/minutes-on-pitch ratio must've been pretty good last season
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]What Oggy Red said

I'm surprised Vokes didn't go to a Championship club. His goals/minutes-on-pitch ratio must've been pretty good last season

He initially agreed to go to Coventry but the 2 clubs couldn't agree over the length of the loan so it fell through and Leeds got him instead.
  • Disagree Oggy, Vokes can hold and link up well too.

He's a very good loan signing.
  • very good in the air too....I think this will go down as a miss
  • I suppose only time will tell, leaves it open for Kandol to come to us?
  • Really like Vokes - shame but Mooney looked ok
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Really like Vokes - shame but Mooney looked ok
    I agree with your post. Hopefully Mooney will be as good!
  • Charlton on lookout after missing out on Sam Vokes

Thursday, 22 October 2009

By John Stanton

CHARLTON boss Phil Parkinson is still on the lookout for new players after missing out on the capture of Wolves striker Sam Vokes.

The Welsh international joined the Addicks’ League One title rivals Leeds on Monday, choosing Elland Road over a move to The Valley.

And Parkinson has admitted he tried to lure the player to SE7.

“I was after a big target man but the lad wanted to go to Leeds,” Parkinson told the South London Press.

“He had been talking to them for a couple of weeks and had an agreement in principle with them.”

For the full story, see Friday's South London Press.
  • Sponsored links:

• What is the fuss, Vokes is a good player but atm I don't think upfront is where we need to concentrate on when looking at new players. Burton has been one of our best players this season, we also have McLeod who has started to score at last, McKenzie who when fit is cover for Burton and Mooney who looked decent in his cameo.
    If anything we need to look at the options when Dailly needs a rest and Sodje is off with Nigeria (potentially missing a vital game against Franchise FC)