Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Question for the golfers....

Anyone played either of the courses at Stoke by Nayland, just past Colchester ?

Nice courses ? tough ?

Have an imminent boys jolly !!

Comments

• Options
    after yesterdays performance at darenth valley, i doubt i qualify to answer your question, as it's aimed at golfers.

no, haven't played there.
  • Options
    Na never played there mate sounds good though any pics would be nice i usually play at Bourghton in Canterbury simple course but beautiful setting though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Na never played there mate sounds good though any pics would be nice i usually play at Bourghton in Canterbury simple course but beautiful setting though.

Also play at boughton although the hills can kill especially the raised green on the 11
  • Options
    looks like they do good overnight winter deals.
    golf - 3 course meal - stay over - breakfast - then more golf. £80 from november 'til end of march.
  • Options
    Yea right Bourne fav hole has to be the 18th though the view from the tee is amazing. What sort of handycaps are you guys playing too then?
  • Options
    There are some really good deals to be had at the Belfry at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]looks like they do good overnight winter deals.
    golf - 3 course meal - stay over - breakfast - then more golf. £80 from november 'til end of march.

we should have waited a week and a half and saved £30 !

there is some excellent value around at the moment.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]There are some really good deals to be had at the Belfry at the moment.

Played there on lesberrystash's stag weekend a few years ago.

Playing to the 18th green and one of my mates was in the rough. He clobbered it out and the ball flew towards the big bar terrace (which was packed) overlooking the green. The ball smashed into a table, bounced up and crashed along the sloping roof, bounced down onto another table and flew off towards the first tee.

As one, everyone on the terrace stood up cheering and shouting.

I was laughing so much I couldn't finish the hole. My mate who takes things fairly seriously didn't know where to put his face.
  • Options
    And just to cheer everyone up, its a year since this......

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=20116
  • Options
    edited October 2009
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes, played the both a couple of times.

typical hotel courses - fairly wide fairways with a few trees.

the 10th on the Gainsborough is a bugger - water all down the right which you have to cross with your 2nd shot (or 3rd or 4th !)
  • Options
    I played one earlier this year - pretty nice and fairly open which was a bonus as it was blowing a gale and throwing down with rain when I played!

10th on Gainsborough is their signatre hole - I was watching a competition on Sky a couple of months ago
  • Options
    Anyone played on a TopGolf driving range?