Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Top 5 Songs of Lieutenant Pigeon

edited October 2009 in Not Sports Related
1) Mouldy Old Dough

2) Err.........

I think this series has run it's course.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Great choice

1. And the Fun Goes On

2. Oxford Bags

3. Mouldy Old Dough

4. I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen

5. Grandfather Clock
  • The first time I heard Mouldy Old Dough was at the Valley....
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]The first time I heard Mouldy Old Dough was at the Valley....
    The first time I SAW...
  • Most of the band were Charlton fans. Surprised Chirpy didn't mention that.
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]The first time I heard Mouldy Old Dough was at the Valley....
    In fact I liked it so much I went out and bought the record...

Still got it...
  • The old woman on the piano didnt play it. So I was told.
  • [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]The old woman on the piano didnt play it. So I was told.
    She was the mother of the other pianist and she definitely did play...

I might be suffering from selective memory fatigue but I think her name was Hilda...
  • A plea to BDL - can you (or whoever controls your backing music) play this for the Huddersfield game? It would be a hoot. And if they are Charton fans why not invite them along and get them on the pitch. The revival starts here ;-)
  • Mouldy Old Dough was no.1 on the day I was born.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Mouldy Old Dough was no.1 on the day I was born.

Could be worse - Roy Orbison's Pretty Woman for me.

http://www.everyhit.co.uk/dates/
  • They did have another hit after mouldy old dough didn't they? Pretty much the same song but faster ;-)
    No idea of title?
  • edited October 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Mouldy Old Dough was no.1 on the day I was born.[/quote]

http://www.everyhit.co.uk/dates/[/quote]

Harry Belfonte:............. Mary's boy child
  • Michael Jackson - "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" for me.

SO glad i got to see him in concert at Wembley (his last UK concert, history tour 1996 i think).
  • Mouldy Old Dough is the tune to which the teams take to the field at Boundary Park, Oldham.
  • God why am i doing this.......Desperate Dan was the follow-up to Mouldy Old Dough.Just had a look in the attic, now where is my record player?
  • Thanks lewis ;-)
    I had the theme from the persuaders if that makes you feel any better :-)
  • edited October 2009
    The Marcels - Blue Moon was the number 1 single

GI Blues - Elvis Presley was the number 1 LP

Not bad at all.

"you saw me standing alone"
  • No 1 single was Day Tripper and No 1 album was Rubber Soul both by the Beatles..i was hoping it was something by the Dave Clark 5 :)
  • Sponsored links:

• I've Got You Babe - The Sonny and Cher version not UB40's was No.1 when I was born.
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Mouldy Old Dough was no.1 on the day I was born.

http://www.everyhit.co.uk/dates/

Harry Belfonte:............. Mary's boy child

If you are ever stuck for a birthday present for someone on their 40th/50th birthday etc compile a CD of all the songs that were #1 on the day they were born, when they had their first birthday, their second and so on.
  • Cliff Richard & The Shadows - "Please Don't Tease"
  • #1 at my birth was Eddie Calvert - "Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White". What crap, and no album chart then.

I feel old.
  • I'm into something good - Hermans Hermits.

Quite fitting really...

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: iainment[/cite]#1 at my birth was Eddie Calvert - "Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White". What crap, and no album chart then.

I feel old.

Hey, that was mine too !!!! My birthday is 29 May ..... so when was yours?

British cover version of the original Perez Prado hit. His fame continued for the rest of the decade although this was his 2nd and final UK No. 1.

I was at least hoping for something famous like Rock Around the Clock ...... :o)
  • no1 single you are going to have a hard job to beat this Rock around the clock by Bill Hayley and The Comets.
  • Sorry Oggy just seen your quote and no that was number ONE when i was born.
  • There you go Lewis, some people have all the luck ........ arguably the record that changed popular music.

And that makes you a few months younger than me .......

:o(
  • Huh! Some of us appeared when there weren't hit parades or number ones: all we had were Vera Lynn and Arthur Askey on Workers' Playtime! And a cup winning football team!