Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks Players - The Valiant 988 - latest: V988 Kazenga LUALUA

Comments

• Could it be Matt Holland or [shudder] Darren Ambrose?!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Paul Benson is the 712th Addick ever and the 9th new Cap this season.

Jon Fortune is the current player with the most goals and the most appearances.

I wonder when the last time one player held both of those records?

Plus hold those two records whilst being the most recent signing.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Paul Benson is the 712th Addick ever and the 9th new Cap this season.

Jon Fortune is the current player with the most goals and the most appearances.

I wonder when the last time one player held both of those records?

Plus hold those two records whilst being the most recent signing.

True. I wonder if Killer held those records when he came back? Almost certainly top scorer. Was Peacock still playing or was he long gone. Gritt might have had more games
  • edited September 2010
    Killer returned in 1978, having scored 72 League goals in his first spell.

Keith Peacock played for us until 1979.
    Second highest number of club appearances behind Sam Bartram, scoring 92 League goals.
    3 times Player of the Year.

And, of course ...... famous coming on as the first ever substitute in the Football League.

Son Gavin played for Charlton, while Daddy Peacock was Assistant Manager.
    That's another one for the history books!
  • Congratulations and welcome to Joe Anyinsah who is, by my reckoning, the 713th player to be "capped" by Charlton.

And a goal in his first game as well. With Fry that is two débutante scorers this season.

That makes 10 new players this season plus we still await the return of Fortune making it 11 so a whole new team.

Worner

Francis, Doc, (Fortune), Fry

Smart, Macca, Martin, Anyinsah

Benson, Abbott
  • Extensive research# shows that Fry and Anyinsah are the 69th and 70th players to score for us on their debuts.

# extensive =reading it in the programme.
  • Also Fry and Anyinsah are only the third and fourth players to score on their Charlton debuts as a substitute. The other two: Bothroyd and M Bent also in the same season -2005/06.
  • With Callum Harriot and Freddie Warren called up to tomorrow's FA Cup squad there is an outside chance of seeing Addicks number 714 and 715.

My guess is that they are there for the experience and to make up the numbers rather than being expected to play but you never know.

Now, look away now if you are worried about feeling old and time slippin' away but if Herriot plays he will, having been born on 4/3/1994, become the first first team Addick to have been born after the return to the Valley.

Warren was born just before the return on 2/11/1992.

Both have been with the Club since U9 level.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Now, look away now if you are worried about feeling old and time slippin' away but if Herriot plays he will, having been born on 4/3/1994, become the first first team Addick to have been bornafterthe return to the Valley.

Blimey ... doesn't that sound strange!
  • I wouldn't mind seeing Herriot play as I watched him on Saturday Morning against Norwich U-18's and he looked very good indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]I wouldn't mind seeing Herriot play as I watched him on Saturday Morning against Norwich U-18's and he looked very good indeed.

would be a good chance to vet him at first team level
  • edited November 2010
    When we used to play Birmingham City back in the 60s, they used to have a goalkeeper called Herriot.

Unusual name - Scottish I assume, although it sounds like it has French origin. Can't remember any other Herriots.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]When we used to play Birmingham City back in the 60s, they used to have a goalkeeper called Herriot.

Unusual name - Scottish I assume. Can't remember any other Herriots.
    He's Harriott, not Herriot
  • Pearls before swine 0akster : - )
  • Carl Jenkinson was the 714th player to be "capped" by Charlton when he played against Brentford.

Seip joins the growing list of players to have made the bench but who have never made an appearance.

Expect to see Addicks 715, 716, 717 and 718 in short order.
  • Is that one of your teasing hints or just a guess?
  • teasing hint : - )
  • edited January 2011
    Let me know who they are, I'll get some feedback from their clubs FM researchers ;-)
  • OK Scoham but whisper next time or everyone will want to know.
  • I like the sound of 717 already.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Carl Jenkinson was the 714th player to be "capped" by Charlton when he played against Brentford.

Seip joins the growing list of players to have made the bench but who have never made an appearance.

Expect to see Addicks 715, 716, 717 and 718 in short order.

Why we getting him, that 716 is shite
  • As predicted above Addick 715 is likely to be Nathan Eccleston.
  • You didn't predict Eccleston, just new Addicks, numbering 715 to 718. Any of us could've done that, you glory hunter, you!;-D

Who's next then? (& I don't mean a number, I mean a free man!):-)
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]You didn't predict Eccleston, just new Addicks, numbering 715 to 718. Any of us could've done that, you glory hunter, you!;-D

Who's next then? (& I don't mean a number, I mean a free man!):-)

Didn't you get the "All Clique Whisper"?

One likely to be Wright-Phillips.
  • Nathan Eccleston was Addick 715

Bradley Wright-Philips is likely to be Addick 716

Will be interesting to see who else, if anyone, come in this week.

Still the loan market from Feb 7th remember.
  • Nathan is the 12th débutante this season (not counting the re-turning Fortune)
  • Bradley Wright-Philips is the 716th Addicks first teamer and also the 71st player to score on his debut. BWP is the 3rd debutante scorer this season.

And Fede Bassone is Addick 717. Welcome to him.
  • Parrett and Nouble are set to be the 718th and 719th players to represent the Addicks at first team level.

That will make 14 débutantes this seasons plus the returning Fortune.

Both could join the 71 players who have scored on their débuts list which already includes Fry, Anyinsah and BWP. from this season.
  • Didn't Darren Bent score on his debut?
  • [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Didn't Darren Bent score on his debut?

Yes, but not this season. He is one of the 71.