Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks Players - The Valiant 988 - latest: V988 Kazenga LUALUA

Comments

• So Hogan Ephraim is the 740th player to be "capped" by Charlton and the 18th débutante this season.

That leave just Nick Pope of the 20 new signings this season to make his bow, Jason Euell having already debuted in his first spell at the club.

This is still less than the 19 debuts last season but the January transfer window is still to come.
  • edited November 2011

Welcome to Darel Russel who is the 741st player to represent the Addicks.

He is the 19th debutant this term equaling the record set last season, I believe.

• So Hogan Ephraim is the 740th player to be "capped" by Charlton and the 18th débutante this season.

That leave just Nick Pope of the 20 new signings this season to make his bow, Jason Euell having already debuted in his first spell at the club.

This is still less than the 19 debuts last season but the January transfer window is still to come.
    Does he get any accolade for scoring on his "Full" debut?

Does he get any accolade for scoring on his "Full" debut?
    No    : - )
  • Sullivan made his debut last season
  • edited November 2011
    Sullivan made his debut last season
    So he did.

So that means 21 signings and 18 debuts plus Euell and Sullivan.

Thanks for the correction Scoham

*I would have got away with it if it wasn't for that pesky kid*        : - )
  • Addicks' player 742 is Leon Clarke.

He is the 22nd player signed this season and the 19th debutante

• Welcome to Danny Haynes who becomes the 743rd player to represent the Club at first team level. Getting very close to the 750 mark now.

Fitting on Academy day that a acacemy player should make his debut albeit after an 8 year abscence.

Danny is the 20th debutante which is, I believe, a Club record
  • Dany N'Guessen is set to be the 744th débutante and the 21st this season
  • Dany N'Guessen was the 744th débutante and the 21st this season.

He is also the 73 player in Charlton history to score on his début.

Lee Cook has already played for us so is already counted and the loan window is closed so look like no more débuts this term. Unless CP gives one or two of the kids a run out later on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Three more debuts for the Addicks last night

Lawrie Wilson was the 745th,
    Jordan Cook the 746th and
    Salim Kerker the 747th player to make a first team appearance for club.

Welcome
  • Henry - out of interest is that 747 from 1921 (ie 3rd Div South onwards)? Or does it go all the way back to 1905?
  • From 1921 (although I haven't been counting that long).

It is based on the fantastic work of Colin Cameron in the Valiant 500 which starts from the 1921/2 season.

Should be able to check my numbers are correct in the handbook next week.
  • Serious question. Is there any order to those players being 745, 746 and 747 or was that just random Henry ?
  • Order they were signed SHG.

I could have watched to see who kicked the ball first but not that anal. No, honestly I'm not : - ) so just did it on when they joined.
  • 747 comin out of the sky
    won't you take me down to Memphis ..
    .. on a midnight ride .. CCR
  • And a big welcome to Ricardo Fuller who becomes the 748th player to represent the Addicks.

He is the 4th debutante this season.

And if you credit him with the goal today he is the 74th Addick to score on his debut.

With the window closed only Button and Dervite of the new signings have yet to make their bows.
  • edited September 2012
    Dorian Dervite's late sub appearance at Portman Rd makes him the 749th player to represent the Addicks and the 5th new player this season.
  • edited September 2012
  • Can't we entice NRC with being the 750th ? Tell him he gets to do a supermarket sweep or something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bets on 750? I'm going for Darren Purse.
  • Bets on 750? I'm going for Darren Purse.

Ha ....you haven't seen him play lately?

Makes Paddy MacCarthorse seem like a Grand National winner.

• I haven't Oggy. But he's always on the verge of coming isn't he? 34th time lucky.
  • I haven't Oggy. But he's always on the verge of coming isn't he? 34th time lucky.

He can get a cream for that ;0)

• Rob Hulse is the landmark 750th Addick.

The less said about the game and performance the better,

• So, any chance of a new book from Mr Cameron or is Matt Wright only teasing us?
  • Give it another couple of years, and it'll be the Valley 1000.

What would be interesting, is how long each century took. I bet from 501-600 took far longer than 601 to 700...
  • Welcome Abdul Razak, whose debut at Bloomfield Rd makes him the 751st first team Addick.

Matt Wright mentioned an update of the Valiant 500 in a recent programme but no firm details.
  • For a club of our stature and age how does 751 stack up against similar clubs I wonder.
  • Azeez came as close as standing on the sidelines in his kit v Cardiff but not yet.

He may still be on the bench tomorrow but expect one or both of Seabourne and Eggart to pip him to 752

Out of interest Scott minto was Addick 500