Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks Players - The Valiant 988 - latest: V988 Kazenga LUALUA

Comments

• Foxy came on at Forest, didn't he?

Already played previous to that. In the cup at Wednesday.

yup, but Henry has him down as 'cup only'

yup, but Henry has him down as 'cup only'
    now editted
  • Petrucci becomes the 776th first teamer for the Addicks at Pride Park
  • Excellent stuff Stig,

Glad you made it 776 as well.
  • Brilliant work.

Paul Mortimer was the first debutant in my life time. Good to know.
  • So we should see the figure increase to 784 this season with the 8 signings we have made, plus a few more if we see any further signings or any youngsters make the step up.
  • edited July 2014
    Ross said:

So we should see the figure increase to 784 this season with the 8 signings we have made, plus a few more if we see any further signings or any youngsters make the step up.

There were 15 debuts last season which is low compared to recent seasons so could reach the 790s or even get close to 800
  • Joseph David Wozencroft PIGOTT.

That's a bit different!
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks. never knew Pigott's middle name was Wozencroft :-)
  • Fantastic work Stig - well done!
  • Excellent stuff Stig,

I did check my results against your's and would have worried if there'd been a difference on the overall number. You might find that some of the intermediate numbers are different where players took their bows on the same day.
  • Stig said:

Excellent stuff Stig,

I did check my results against your's and would have worried if there'd been a difference on the overall number. You might find that some of the intermediate numbers are different where players took their bows on the same day.
    Are any of you gentlemen able to sit on the shoulders of the giant who was Colin Cameron and update the Valiant 500 ? I would love an updated edition especially if someone also added the excellent commentaries he gave about some players.
  • Great list @Stig‌ and the first player to make his debut in my lifetime was some feller called Hales.....I wonder how he got on?
  • edited July 2014
    The first debutant after I first went to Charlton was Vince O'Kane. I have no memory of him as a player, other than a kid one of my classmates told me that his uncle had played for Charlton. I asked who and he said Vince O'Kane, to which I could only reply "never 'eard of him".
  • Brilliant work.

Paul Mortimer was the first debutant in my life time. Good to know.

Lee Power for me. :-)

First debutant after I started going was Sasa Ilic!
  • Stig said:

The first debutant after I first went to Charlton was Vince O'Kane. I have no memory of him as a player, other than a kid one of my classmates told me that his uncle had played for Charlton. I asked who and he said Vince O'Kane, to which I could only reply "never 'eard of him".

He is now the manager of Chapel Market in Hackney , he was genuinely pleased a couple of years ago when I showed and photocopied the entry in the Valiant 500. The only other time I did this was for George Hope. I used to work with his wife Dawn.

• Fumbluff said:

Great list @Stig‌ and the first player to make his debut in my lifetime was some feller called Hales.....I wonder how he got on?

Dont think Kevin Hales had much of a career at Charlton to be honest... Wasnt he released as a Youngster? ;)
  • edited July 2014
    Interesting:

Debutant 1 in 1921
    Debutant 101 in 1927 (6 year gap)
    Debutant 201 in 1938 (11 year gap)
    Debutant 301 in 1963 (19 year gap - less 6 for war)
    Debutant 401 in 1976 (13 year gap)
    Debutant 501 in 1988 (12 year gap)
    Debutant 601 in 2001 (13 year gap)
    Debutant 701 in 2010 (9 year gap)
    Debutant 775 in 2014 (Projected 6 year gap for 801)
  • Sponsored links:

• How many debuts are we expecting tomorrow afternoon? :-)
  • Seven debuts today (9 Aug) and possibly 8 if Moussa comes on taking the number to 783 (or 784) Addicks.

• edited August 2014
    V777 Stephen HENDERSON v Brentford, 09/08/2014
    V778 Talal BEN HAIM v Brentford, 09/08/2014
    V779 André Stéphane BIKEY-AMOUGOU v Brentford, 09/08/2014
    V780 Jóhann Berg GUÐMUNDSSON v Brentford, 09/08/2014
    V781 Yoni BUYENS v Brentford, 09/08/2014
    V782 Igor VETOKELE v Brentford, 09/08/2014
    V783 George Marius ȚUCUDEAN v Brentford, 09/08/2014
    V784 Franck Nyinzapa MOUSSA (sub) v Brentford, 09/08/2014
    V785 Joe GOMEZ v Colchester Utd, 12/08/2014
  • I've always wondered, @Henry Irving‌, is there a record of players who have been on the bench but never got on the pitch?
  • Couldnt they be wearing numbered shirts like they do in cricket? Maybe make them more passionate for the shirt.?
  • That's a great idea, Pres.
  • Couldnt they be wearing numbered shirts like they do in cricket? Maybe make them more passionate for the shirt.?

How would that work with two new signings on the bench. Hang-on don't come on yet, not until we've finised sowing your shirt.

How would that work with two new signings on the bench. Hang-on don't come on yet, not until we've finised sowing your shirt.
    Easy: You'd have to earn your number. You don't get it until you've played your first match.
  • Stig said:

Couldnt they be wearing numbered shirts like they do in cricket? Maybe make them more passionate for the shirt.?

Easy: You'd have to earn your number. You don't get it until you've played your first match.
    How do they get booked then?