Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks Players - The Valiant 988 - latest: V988 Kazenga LUALUA

Comments

• Options

V843 Anfernee Dijksteel
    V844 Ben Reeves

Possible V845 and V446 with Ashley Maynard-Brewer and REEEEEEEEEEEEEEECO Hackett-Fairchild on the bench.

Charles-Cook, Barnes and Kennady have already made their debuts

yes he has
  • Options
    Joe Cummings set to be V850 on Tuesday but who else might make their debut in the Checkatrade trophy v Fulham U23s?
  • Options

Joe Cummings set to be V850 on Tuesday but who else might make their debut in the Checkatrade trophy v Fulham U23s?

Karl Robinson has revealed the side he’s going to put out against Fulham U21s in the EFL Trophy on Wednesday – and that he has sent the rest of the squad on a mini-break in the sun.

The Addicks are set to face the Cottagers’ youngsters on Wednesday evening at The Valley – and Robinson is going to make eleven changes to the team that started the 1-0 win over AFC Wimbledon.

“It will be a different type of game,” admitted the Charlton boss.

“Less intense, but equally it will give minutes to [Ben] Reeves who looked off it, [Mark] Marshall who looked off it. Minutes to Karlan [Ahearne-Grant] and to Joe Dodoo upfront, see what he can do. [Johnnie] Jackson and Joe Aribo. I’m not sure on [Lewis] Page but it will be Joe Cummings with [Aaron] Barnes, [Anfernee] Dijksteel and Dillon Phillips in goal so it’s still a very strong team. They’ve got to make sure they’re ready for another competitive game in four days.”

Robinson also divulged that he’s sent the rest of his Addicks squad off for some rest and relaxation time before they return for next Sunday’s FA Cup first round tie with National League South side Truro City.

“I’ve given the players four days off,” he explained.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Karl Robinson has revealed the side he’s going to put out against Fulham U21s in the EFL Trophy on Wednesday – and that he has sent the rest of the squad on a mini-break in the sun.

The Addicks are set to face the Cottagers’ youngsters on Wednesday evening at The Valley – and Robinson is going to make eleven changes to the team that started the 1-0 win over AFC Wimbledon.

“Less intense, but equally it will give minutes to [Ben] Reeves who looked off it, [Mark] Marshall who looked off it. Minutes to Karlan [Ahearne-Grant] and to Joe Dodoo upfront, see what he can do. [Johnnie] Jackson and Joe Aribo. I’m not sure on [Lewis] Page but it will be Joe Cummings with [Aaron] Barnes, [Anfernee] Dijksteel and Dillon Phillips in goal so it’s still a very strong team. They’ve got to make sure they’re ready for another competitive game in four days.”

Robinson also divulged that he’s sent the rest of his Addicks squad off for some rest and relaxation time before they return for next Sunday’s FA Cup first round tie with National League South side Truro City.

All, other than Cummings have made their debuts already.

Philips

Barnes Cummings Dijksteel Page

Jackson Aribo

Marshall Reeves KAG
    Dodoo

If reading that correctly.

• Options

ross1 said:

All, other than Cummings have made their debuts already.

Philips

Barnes Cummings Dijksteel Page

Jackson Aribo

Marshall Reeves KAG
    Dodoo

If reading that correctly.

Either that or...

Phillips
    Barnes | Cummings | Sarr | Jackson
    Dijksteel | Aribo
    Marshall | Reeves | Ahearne-Grant
    Dodoo

I guess because we've been clever this season it'll only be Cummings who doesnt meet competition rules (i.e. Having played a Senior game prior to this match)

Shame that George Lapslie isnt getting a start this time out either - Unless Dijksteel does start at the back with Jackson at LB and Lapslie partnering Aribo
  • Options
    Imagine the bench will be U23s and Australian trialists
  • Options
    Could Leon Best sign as a non contract player and be on the bench ?
  • Options
    Show's how out of touch I am with this football lark, I looked at the match thread and was about to ask how U21 matches count for a V listing. Got to be honest, there's still something that jars with it though. WTF are they doing to our game?
  • Options
    Leon Best becomes V852 v Peterborough on 28 November 2017
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Matt Carter #853 on 5th December 2017
  • Options
    So who will be V854. Mikel Zyro or Sulley KaiKai?
  • Options
    Kaikai... the other will be V Zero.
  • Options

Kaikai... the other will be V Zero.

X/X for that
  • Options
    Congratulations to Sulley Kaikai who became V854 and to Michel Zyro who became V855 today v Oxford Utd
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Aside from scouring the handbook, is there any way I can find a full list of Valiants? Starting at V1 and ending the current V850 odd?
  • Options

Aside from scouring the handbook, is there any way I can find a full list of Valiants? Starting at V1 and ending the current V850 odd?

@Stig
  • Options

cafcfactsstats.com
  • Options
    So we are at 855

We can expect Taylor and Pratley to be 856 and 857 but so far a quiet start to the season in terms of V numbers.
  • Options
    Sorry didn't see the replies above. Thank you, wasn't aware of that website.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    V856 Lyle Taylor

V857 Darren Pratley
  • Options
    Could be a second 500 before the arsehole sells up.
  • Options
    It doesn't look as if the club website has published the teams yet, but if the BBC's report is accurate Pratley would be V856 and Taylor V857.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44989245

Still, WIOTOS :wink:
  • Options
    Louis Mendez will be 858, he can commentate and play at the same time

Sue Parkes will be 859
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor the 81st Charlton player to score on his debut
  • Options

And how many of those were from the penalty spot?
  • Options

And how many of those were from the penalty spot?
    Certainly none from last season as I cannot remember us getting a penalty. Who is the first to correct me?
  • Options
    Peterborough at home and away off the top of my head
  • Options
    The starting eleven from last weekend, separate by the years in which they made their professional CAFC debut.

Solly 05/2009

Grant 09/2014

Bauer 08/2015

Pearce 08/2016
    Phillips 08/2016
    Aribo 10/2016

Page 01/2017
    Lapslie 08/2017
    Marshall 09/2017

Pratley 08/2018
    Taylor 08/2018
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Did anything ever come of having the V numbers printed/sewn onto player shirts?

I was reading back through the thread here to catch the debuts of some of the players and noticed it was a popular idea 2-3 years ago but doesn't seem as if it ever got anywaywhere.

I still love it as an idea.