Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PARKINSON & PRESSLEY

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Parkinson coming as assistant manager ? Pressley - press conference at 5pm 'delayed', Celtic rumoured to have made an improved offer !

Comments

• Options
    i tell you, if we get Parkinson in that is some coup. Would be very impressed.
  • Options
    Parkinson the bloke form the chat show would be better than the parkinson that cemented Hull to near bottom of Div 1...
  • Options
    Very true-but not a view that would be shared by Robson and Kinsella i suspect.
  • Options
    Elvis
  • Options
    Got the impression Parkinson was our no.1 or no.2 choice when Curbs went, but Colchester wouldn't let us talk to him.

Not so sure now seeing where he's left Hull and having got in an outsider once this season, i'd prefer we stuck with those that know the club and are Charlton people.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Getting Parkinson would indeed be a coup, a shock even, does he really want to be an assistant ?
    Although he will know that come Easter he'd be "Phil Parkinson, the former Charlton manager" :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]Got the impression Parkinson was our no.1 or no.2 choice when Curbs went, but Colchester wouldn't let us talk to him.

Not so sure now seeing where he's left Hull and having got in an outsider once this season, i'd prefer we stuck with those that know the club and are Charlton people.

Being a Charlton person unfortunately does not necessarily mean being the best person for the job. Pards knows him well and if he wants to bring him in then great.

Hopefully Robbo and Kins can be kept on too.
    I wonder if Parkinson already knows Colchester's greatest ever player?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Parkinson coming as assistant manager ? Pressley - press conference at 5pm 'delayed', Celtic rumoured to have made an improved offer !

Had a quick scout around the web and the only story I could find relating to Elvis was on the Celtic-Mad site so I'm taking this with a pinch of salt for the time being. If it's true, my hunch is that he would probably prefer to stay in Scotland.
  • Options
    How about this ?