Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The official website overhaul

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
The club have asked for fans to give their opinions on the website. Here is a copy of my quick e-mail which concerns Valley Vision. Does anyone else use this service, and if so, do you agree or disagree with what I've said?

Dear Sir/Madam,

As a subscriber to Valley Vision I have to say that I'm generally disappointed. The match highlights are good but the news section is rarely updated. As an example, I would have expected the press conference with Alan Pardew to at least be put on there at some point rather than having to find it on the BBC website.

I think that there should be more interviews and features from players etc.

Regards,

(disappointed overseas fan)

David T.

Comments

• Options
    I did subscribe to it for a bit, but the rights-management stuff on there was a pain in the arse. Could be wrong, but I think Valley Vision is supplied by Sky anyway, so you may be better off subscribing to Sky's service and getting everything.

Or just getting the clips off the BBC site, of course.

Generally, although I always take pops at at it, I think cafc.co.uk is one of the better club websites - it's not pompous like other sites and despite the odd feck-up they can actually write well on there, even if they do tend to take too many artistic flourishes from time to time. The design's a bit ropey because they were sold a design company's standard template - have a look at Harlequins' website and you'll see what I mean.

I think where they fall down is on need-to-know information - ticket information, especially.
  • Options
    Rights management, that is the problem with VV. It's Windoze only for starters. It's not all the Club's fault, as the clips must be liscensed from Sky. If they let these things do the rounds freely, like the goal highlights do illegally on YouTube etc, they'd generate more interest in the game and see money feed in that way. But, Mr Murdoch won't do that will he?