Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

90.9090 re-occuring effort.

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
First half: 100% effort. Brilliant stuff. They still may not be good enough but some players looked like they'd metamorphised. They did all we could ask of them.

We finished the second half with the 90.9090% effort i.e 10 out of 11 players were doing all they could to hold on. The other slips over and moans about it to everyone but himself as usual. 93 minutes gone and he half-heartedly jumps for the ball. 1 minute later and we've lost two points.

The re-occuring part of the calculation is particulary apt because re-occuring lack of effort and team spirit is all we get from this bloke.

I'm not normally one to pick on a player. Rommerdahl for example is to me not good enough but he gave everything he could. I won't pick on anyone unless I can see they aren't trying or have a bad attitude. I am not looking for a scapegoat because I don't want one. I'm not even naming him - if you know who I'm talking about then that proves my point.

Who am I referring to? Can you guess?

Am I being too hard?

Maybe, but I don't necessarily think the linesman is who we should be angry with.

Comments

• Options
    lost me mate
  • Options
    What the hell you on about?
  • Options
    JFH?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]lost me mate

You have to think of what player I'm talking about like 'trickyrickycafc'

Anyone else think they know 'what the hell (I'm) on about?'
  • Options
    100% right?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]100% right?

Come on! I'm not trying to be cryptic here. I'm just asking you to tell me if you feel they were any players out there today not giving 100%.
  • Options
    Nope, still no idea what your on about
  • Options
    100% with you, if any other player had gone down they wouldve been straight up, he seriously can't play for this club again, drags down ppl to his lazy fat way, within 30 sec's of him comin on saw the first glimses of the team arguing with themselves for stray passes, its not what we need
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]100% with you, if any other player had gone down they wouldve been straight up, he seriously can't play for this club again, drags down ppl to his lazy fat way, within 30 sec's of him comin on saw the first glimses of the team arguing with themselves for stray passes, its not what we need

Exactly, he's not just a waste of time himself, he's a bad influence. He has got to go. I have never disliked a Charlton player as much as this. If we don't get rid of him he could be our downfall.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    If we can;t get rid i say f him off, make sure he never plays again, let him train with the 'community' team that or the under 13's, don;t let him train with the first team don;t let him play reserves f him off entirly,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sorry for the language he just piss's me reet off
  • Options
    I'm glad someone feels the same as me.

What does everyone else think?

Rothko: do you know who and what we're talking about yet?
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    i'm totally confused too.

Maybe there's a time to be cryptic- maybe sometimes it's better to make a point.
  • Options
    Don't worry about Rothko - he's probably had too much Christmas Sherry!

I know what you mean Jim. There was a good bit about him in a newspaper report from the Liverpool game - the Times I think.

It basically said someone should have a word with him and if he doesn't buck up his ideas we should just pay up his contract and tell him to f off.
  • Options
    It was the Sunday Times: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2093-2509146,00.html
    surely this club, with highly paid professionals, needs a true football manager? It needs, to be blunt, somebody to say to the likes of Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink that either they put in the effort or they can go immediately, irrespective of the pay-off.
  • Options
    That's the one Inspector - cheers!

Sums up my thoughts on the matter perfectly, have to say.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]i'm totally confused too.

Maybe there's a time to be cryptic- maybe sometimes it's better to make a point.

The purpose in not actually naming a name is that it's the best way to see if others see this the way I do.

I think that if you do recognise who I'm describing then you agree, but if you don't recognise who it is then you disagree.

From what I've read so far I think we can conclude that 'scuffle' and 'off it' agree with me. 'Rothko' and 'Stanmore' in their confusion clearly do not.

Sorry but it's easier this way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]i'm totally confused too.

Don't say that Stanmore, or we'll be accused of being on the Sherry
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]It was the Sunday Times:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2093-2509146,00.html
    surely this club, with highly paid professionals, needs a true football manager? It needs, to be blunt, somebody to say to the likes of Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink that either they put in the effort or they can go immediately, irrespective of the pay-off.

Ok, so the identity is revealed. 3 people knew who I was talking about though. Does this not prove my point?
    Any more thoughts from anyone?
    Largeaddick?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'Just about the only real passion we saw from Hasselbaink was after the final whistle, when he expended more energy in haranguing the referee than he had exhibited in the cause of his latest team'.

I particularly like this quote Inspector. This just about sums him up. The only thing he makes any effort with is moaning at other people. If he wants to moan at someone's ineptitude he should look in a mirror.
  • Options
    I can't see that Pardew would be very pleased with his "efforts" tonight, and I'd like to think that someone might have got in Pardew's ear about his performances this year.

I think his best performances have been in the Carling Cup - when he's had more time and space. At prem level he doesn't get this time or space, and is therefore a waste of time. Add this to his lack of effort, as we may as well get rid and see who else there is available.

Hopefully Marcus Bent can show more of what he did today. He was a constant threat and chased every ball, something which I never thought I'd say about him. Really put a performance in to show he wants to play. Lets hope he continues that.
  • Options
    i thought Marcus Bent had a very good game - he has the ability, the strength & even the technique it's his attitude that has stunk in the past - lets hope Pardew gets the best out of him

he's obvioulsy a primma donna tyoe & the mild mannered janitorial Mr Reed with no ex-pro credibility was on a hiding to nothing with the likes of Young, Hasselwank, Marcus Bent & probably a few of the denser/more impressionable youngsters - Ambrose, Thomas etc