Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our bench last night

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
After the obvious McLeod Sodje we looked very weak.

Basey, Wagstaff, Tuna, Solly, Stavrinvou (SP?) all in their first years as professionals. Now if injuries take over like and suspensions take in we have a very small squad. Compared that to the squads of Colchester (31 players with squad numbers) and Exeter (35) we really do have a small squad compared to most and last night was the first time I really noticed that

Comments

• Does add weight to the argument of those who queried the decision to send Dickson out on loan.

What's up with the injury-prone striker McKenzie we signed?

Is he injured?
  • My thoughts exactly, BRE. I'm not a great fan of Basey although to be fair, haven't seen him in action for some time. No problem with Waggsy & Solly but only if we're winning by a couple of goals /dominating play etc. unless of course we have no choice but to play them.

I believe McKenzie is crocked, but he's an option up front and has more experience than , say, Tuna. And then there's Sam S for defensive cover....That's about it.

A couple of injuries or suspensions and we'll be struggling IMHO.
  • Will Sodje be off to African Nations in January?
  • Yes Sodje could be off to Africa leaving us very short again
  • Stavrinou wasn't on the bench BUT should have been in the team ahead of Spring. As said though very short in numbers.