Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Total ...

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
... fucking waste of time that was.

However, loved finding a boozer after the game only to find a fella "waiting for you". Cheers mate, Feel honoured and all that, but run along, eh?

Comments

• Options
    Got in the ground late as finding the place and parking is a nightmare.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Got in the ground late as finding the place and parking is a nightmare.
    i came off the a12 only to drive back onto it again. Sat nav to the post code on their web site takes you to the south bound a12 hard shoulder
  • Options
    Not a ground i'll be hurrying back to.

Must be a nightmare for season ticket holders.

Middle of nowhere.
  • Options
    We did the same missing the turning and putting another 30 mins on the journey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Middle of nowhere.

no it's not, it's right smack bang next to the A12. Problem is they didn't build a road onto it to/from the Stadium. Why build out of town if you don't take advantage of it. Thought I'd never say it but wish they had stayed at Layer Road.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Got in the ground late as finding the place and parking is a nightmare.
    i came off the a12 only to drive back onto it again. Sat nav to the post code on their web site takes you to the south bound a12 hard shoulder

Just got in.
    Got to be the worst planned football stadium ever. My passenger/directions reader followed Ian Cartwright's directions and we ended up having to drive an extra 15 minutes down the A120 (I think) before we could turn round to try again.
    There are NO signposts until you're almost there, when you do find your way onto the industrial estate, you find that, despite the ground being right next to the A12, you have to drive for about 3 or 4 miles in solid traffic because you're in a single lane that is the ONLY road to the stadium, the car park is a joke - (stationary for 40 minutes after the game), just a rubbish, rubbish place.
    Give me Layer Road any day. It may have been small and shit, but at least you can find the place and get away from it afterwards.

Oh yeah, and we lost 3-0. Great night.
    :-(
  • Options
    Fair point, didn't drive so didn't see it from that point of view.
  • Options
    I got there 20 minutes late. I followed the signposts and did loop the loop round Colchester at least twice. Had a ticket for the Car Park only to be told by a steward that the car park was full and that I would have to turn round. In the end I parked on the pavement of he road going up to the ground.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    We missed the turning as well,got to car park having booked a place only to be told that our car park ticket was with our match tickets and after faffing around trying to find out where they were we got in 5 mins into the game.

We left early as we thought we'd still be in the car park a 6am,shambles of a place..mind you shambles of a performance
    lets hope we've got that out of our system before Saturday.
  • Options
    we had all the same problems above , why sell tickets to a car park you know is gonna be full?

that added onto the fact that by five minutes to half time one kiosk had run out of food and the other had hardly any left , don't these idiots understand that it's a week night and people will have come straight from work and therefore be hungry?

Would certainly never go there for a midweek game again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am glad we werent the only ones who ended up going down the a120! Wish we'd carried on to Clacton now ;-)
  • Options
    we ended up passing the ground waved to it then did every rounabout in colchester, visited every railway station, did clacton should have stayed at BP service station and walked across A12
    good laugh what a place to go to on a busy weekday night................glad we shot off tad early as breeze getting home...........shables sums it up.......what a place
  • Options
    personally I thought it was piss easy to find, put the road leading up to it in the sat nav, found straight away, parked on the industrial estate for a fiver, 10 min walk, left 5 mins early cause it was so shit and was back home in Welling by 10.30.

But what a souless crap hole, would hate to play 'home' games in a stadium like that - so far from anything.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    LOL, yes we did the scenic trip up the A120 as well!! I measured it as a 6 mile loop from passing the ground on the A12 to actually being able to pull into the stadium car park. And that's without the extra 15 miles down the A120 and back. Shockingly badly planned ground and access. Took 75 minutes after the game to get out off the car park and drive that 6 miles back almost to where we started. Unbelievable!!
  • Options
    Atleast you fecking got there. I spent the best part of 2 hours on the spine road between Erith & Dartford. The old bill wouldnt let anyone turn off. Had to drive all the way to a closed road and then turn round. £54.00 tickets and £7.00 parking burnt. Anyone want to buy mine for half price?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    With a mix up between navigator and driver that was only matched by Llera and Elliot's communicative incompetence, we too ended up going half way to Clacton. Noticed that the car in front did exactly the same too. Why no signs on the A12 and on the roundabout/slip? A couple of them little brown footballs would save a lot of probs for a lot of people
  • Options
    Yea not sure i will be hrrying back as you say middle of fecking no were but on a posotive we were fecking loud last night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Yea not sure i will be hrrying back as you say middle of fecking no were but on a posotive we were fecking loud last night.

only when we went 3-0 down, I was sat in the row in front of the drummer and apart from his constant bashing, couldn't hear to much to be honest until it was to late...the poor lad was trying to 'drum' up the atmosphere.

(Matt Holland was a few seats away from me as well)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Am glad we werent the only ones who ended up going down the a120! Wish we'd carried on to Clacton now ;-)

us too!