Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky needs to go....

..home and have an early night- big game on saturday.

Comments

• Options
    i almost spat my drink out when i see that title!
  • Options
    LOL!!!
  • Options
    You silly plonka... Rodney!
  • Options
    Or needs to study what leeds do against passing teams like charlton and if that means lump the ball up and get physical like colchester did he needs to perhaps start with the never yet seen plan b.
  • Options
    yes kacka. one defeat and our game plan which has served us well up to now is shite. hmm.
  • Options
    we're still 5th top two ... don't panic
  • Options
    There was no plan B tonight, so what makes you think he'll have one for Saturday??
  • Options
    there was a Plan B tonight, 4-4-2. Problem is we were 2-0 down at h/t and it was screaming out for Parky to do something. At 2-0 who knows an early goal and we are back in it. Waiting until 3-0 down to cahnge things was pointless. The game was beyond us then and the moment had passed. At least now Parky will be able to say he tried 4-4-2 and it didn't work.

Although this thread was tongue in cheek that is now one win in four and things are beginning to slide, chimks in the armour, teams sussung us out. Now is when we will see what Parky is made of. On tonight's performance (his own that is) he has got a lot to do.
  • Options
    Liverpool also lost convincingly away from home tonight, doesn't mean we've turned crap. Just means the players now need a kick up the arse... we were walking into games expecting wins, we need the perfomances each and every game. annoying how it's the game before leeds, but hey-ho.
  • Options
    [quote][cite Although this thread was tongue in cheek that is now one win in four and things are beginning to slide, chimks in the armour, teams sussung us out. Now is when we will see what Parky is made of. On tonight's performance (his own that is) he has got a lot to do.[/quote]

Looked more like chimps in the armour this evening. They certainly made monkeys of those of who hauled our asses over to Colchester.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With 2 x 6ft 6Ins+ centre forwards & 2 x 6ft 6ins+ centre halves Colchester just physically lumped us out of the game from the start. Our team were mere midgets in comparison & we were never in the game. Never mind. Learn from tonight & move on.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Was not good tonight. We were very poor and Llera had his worse game so for.I think we had one shot at goal and that was a Bailey header just wide. I admit that I am not a big Parky fan but he needs to change things earlier than he has been doing. I will still be at Leeds on Saturday but might need some blinkers
  • Options
    just got back. Very dissapointing especially as we looked comfortable before the error, them we looked rattled and never recovered.0the worst thing was no fight
  • Options
    "One win in four and things are begining to slide".

Oh Large, do shut up. One defeat in the first 10 matches and you come out with crud like that. It's almost as if you've been itching for us to lose.
  • Options
    I do love it on here sometmes, lost once all season in the league and look what happens. We've hardly got the quality in the rest of the squad to be changing it much do we? All this Plan B talk is a load of bollocks...We're like the Arsenal of League One ;) and you never see Wenger changing it when Arsenal get battered by bigger stronger teams do ya? Look at all those times they lost to Bolton!

The only way we could afford to play 442 would to drop Shelvey, imagine if Parky did that? People on here would be right at his throat!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]I do love it on here sometmes, lost once all season in the league and look what happens. We've hardly got the quality in the rest of the squad to be changing it much do we? All this Plan B talk is a load of bollocks...We're like the Arsenal of League One ;) and you never see Wenger changing it when Arsenal get battered by bigger stronger teams do ya? Look at all those times they lost to Bolton!

The only way we could afford to play 442 would to drop Shelvey, imagine if Parky did that? People on here would be right at his throat!

Drop or rest? When was the last time a 17 year old played started 46 League games? In any event Jonjo doesn't necessarily have to be the one left out now especially with Semedo injured.

Having said all of that I would save the change to 4-4-2 'til after the Leeds game - and of course 'til we've had a chance to recall Dicko ;-)
  • Options
    The team have performed way above what was first expected and look a good bet to challenge for promotion, 99% of fans would take where we are and the points accumulated. So let’s not panic, keep behind the team and management who have done well with a limited squad. It’s about stability now and not rocking the boat. So if we let Parky and the team to do their jobs, things will work themselves out. As cafcpolo states the squad is not too deep with proven quality and will be stretched, they need our continued backing. For the record -I'm backing Parky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]"One win in four and things are begining to slide".

Oh Large, do shut up. One defeat in the first 10 matches and you come out with crud like that. It's almost as if you've been itching for us to lose.

Ignore him Parky out Merchant so unless we went the whole season unbeaten
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]"One win in four and things are begining to slide".

so the second half at Narwich was acceptable was it ? Did we not lose our way against Exeter ? Ok, keep your rose tinted's on if it makes you happy.
  • Options
    as long as we go up he will be fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]

Ignore him Parky out Merchant so unless we went the whole season unbeaten

so I don't rate Parky, so what ? Others don't rate Llera, their choice, but it hasn't stopped them being allowed to criticise him for last night's performance. Is Parky now above criticism because of our start ? Some might say that with a blind man in charge our squad should have beaten what has been put in front of us so far. Now we'll see what Parky is made of.
  • Options
    yeah the defeat to exter was hard to take - oh wait
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]yeah the defeat to exter was hard to take - oh wait

if you were happy with it then fine. If I wasn't happy with it then fine too isn't it ? All about opinions, would be boring if we all thought the same.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]yeah the defeat to exter was hard to take - oh wait

if you were happy with it then fine. If I wasn't happy with it then fine too isn't it ? All about opinions, would be boring if we all thought the same.

Exeter We won for good sake they wont all be pretty but points on the board at this stage is what its all about.

Last night we lost first time in 10 games, if someone said to you at the end last season after what we had witnessed that would case you wouldn't have believed even alex ferguson could have got that with our squad.

I dont see where people are coming from there is no point in change sitting 2nd if at xmas things are not so good i could see your point
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    23 points from the first 10 games, and certain people appear to not be happy.

Unbelievable, but not totally surprised with their comments.

Lets see where we are after 20 games. Another 17 points in the next 10 and i'm sure that's still in the top 2!!
  • Options
    I'm agreeing with Large on this, we're not playing well and I'm worried by how soundly beaten we were last night. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the start we've made but given the standard of this league I'd be disappointed if we hadn't won the games we have because the opposition has generally been poor. Last night was our first big test and we failed miserably, our second big test comes on Saturday and I really hope Parky has something up his sleeve to stop a repeat of last night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]23 points from the first 10 games, and certain people appear to not be happy.

Unbelievable, but not totally surprised with their comments.

Lets see we are after 20 games. Another 17 points in the next 10 and i'm sure that's still in the top 2!!

I admire your confidence but that would mean Bristol Rovers getting less than 18 - and they've got 7 from their last 3 matches, two of which were away from home.
  • Options
    Probably not the right thread to put this on - but does anybody know what the bookies odds were for us to get promoted when the season started - i note we are 11/10 now with Leeds 2/9! We are 4/1 to actually win the league. Probably fair odds on us now I would say
  • Options
    Further question running through my brain - dangerous - how many does it normally take to get top 2 in this division?
  • Options
    Please keep the thread on topic ;-)