Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The incest song !

This song is really starting to piss me off. Apart from the obvious thats its actually not very nice, are we too thick to understand that any humour or value it MIGHT have if wheeled out once in a blue moon is completely lost if we sing it every week to every team. No doubt the morons who do enjoy it will be singing it to Millwall whose fan base is demographically very simlilar to Charltons. Given the stupidity of this moronic chant I would be happily amused if one or two teams fans started singing it to us. I would like to think that Charlton fans are better than this but sadly it seems not all.

Comments

• Couldnt have put it any better myself!
  • It wasn't sung against Exeter as far as i know... to be fair I really don't think the opposing fans take it to heart, with it being a song and a football match after all, not needed but 'sticks and stones..'
  • Yes it was. I heard it at least once (sitting in the East).
  • People who are moaning are as dull as the people singing it
  • Explain...
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]People who are moaning are as dull as the people singing it

but not as thick !
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Yes it was. I heard it at least once (sitting in the East).

It was sung in the East or you could hear it from the covered end? I sit in NW and didn't hear it, maybe I missed it drowning it out to VFR ;-)
  • Falcon, do you not find it pretty boring how we hear this "song" against every single team week in week out?Why cant we sing songs about our team and individual players, like we used to hear down the valley, week in week out!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]This song is really starting to piss me off. Apart from the obvious thats its actually not very nice, are we too thick to understand that any humour or value it MIGHT have if wheeled out once in a blue moon is completely lost if we sing it every week to every team. No doubt the morons who do enjoy it will be singing it to Millwall whose fan base is demographically very simlilar to Charltons. Given the stupidity of this moronic chant I would be happily amused if one or two teams fans started singing it to us. I would like to think that Charlton fans are better than this but sadly it seems not all.

I agree if we sung it once or twice to derby teams like the 'Wall and Palace but is over the top when you sing it every week no need for it to be sung at teams like Brentford who we sung it at Earlier this season.
  • I heard it in the NE, it's about as boring as 'feeeesh' now. Stop it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh I dunno. . .
  • [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]I heard it in the NE, it's about as boring as 'feeeesh' now. Stop it.

Not sure we should stop it just save it for derby days and the like and not to sing it at every club other wise people may begin to think we protest to much if you know what i am saying and we may get a bit of a name for ourselves :-)
  • I think you have all made your point about the poxy song now. Give it a rest. This has got to be about the 15th thread on the bloody thing
  • Charlton fans are getting more wound up about it than opposing fans. FACT
  • [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]I think you have all made your point about the poxy song now. Give it a rest. This has got to be about the 15th thread on the bloody thing

Bit unecessary Thread was start without viewing any other thread on the same page.Im sure you would have to go back a while to find the last thread onit so thats bound to happen with a few topics.
  • I do off-it but whining on here wont change it.

Anyone with half a brain will sing it every week.

I'll only sing it v Palace.

• haha luv it. The banter on here gets better and better and i have been out done again. Dam you :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I do off-it but whining on here wont change it.

Anyone with half a brain will sing it every week.

I'll only sing it v Palace.

Me and you both matey.
  • Apologies for not resurecting the original thread but not for bringing up the topic again. I still think its moronic and I make no apology if this offends anyone who does sing it.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Apologies for not resurecting the original thread but not for bringing up the topic again. I still think its moronic and I make no apology if this offends anyone who does sing it.

I agree but feel we need to maintain the song if we sing it it should only be sung at "wall and Palace forget singing it too saints or Norwich or Bristol Rovers or Huddersfield or Oldham or at every bloody league game AAAAGGGHHHH i can see you annoyance now.
  • The song is irritating, but not as irritating as the constant references to Millwall as the "wall".

Can we have a stop and desist on that too?
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]The song is irritating, but not as irritating as the constant references to Millwall as the "wall".

Can we have a stop and desist on that too?

Just a shorterned version mate probly will happen as its on a computer forum some peole will shortern things but if thats all you have to worry about mate count yourself lucky :-)
  • Ru1986, the whole point of the song is to suggest that the opposition are all horribly in-bred. If we are going to sing it at all, Norwich makes the most sense due to the regional stereotypes about Norfolk. Millwall and Palace, not so much.
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Ru1986, the whole point of the song is to suggest that the opposition are all horribly in-bred. If we are going to sing it at all, Norwich makes the most sense due to the regional stereotypes about Norfolk. Millwall and Palace, not so much.

MMMM true i hadnt thought of it that way. Therefore someone like Bristol or Cardiff or Swansea would make for perfect apponants to sing it at. Very good point.
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Ru1986, the whole point of the song is to suggest that the opposition are all horribly in-bred. If we are going to sing it at all, Norwich makes the most sense due to the regional stereotypes about Norfolk. Millwall and Palace, not so much.

Precisely !
  • Ok yea in that case if we can keep it too the teams were it actually means something as you say like the Bristols, Cardiffs and Norwich's of this world it will not loose its point if we cant it will work against us interesting. Maybe we should make up a list of teams it si acceptable to sing againts lol. Your point is more than valid though to sing it every week is just sad.
  • Yeah it is a bit of a pointless chant unless we are playing Norwich then it is actually quite funny.
  • please stop saying wall.