Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Local pub takings

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Anyone know what sort of figures the local pubs take on matchdays ?

I know the renovated AntiGallican took £8k for the Liverpool game, £7k for the Everton game.

Can't see any of the home pubs getting close to that...

Comments

• Options
    When Ray sold the Oak from memory it was taking 30,000 ish, most of that must have been on match days as it was always empty at other times. If it had decent staff though they appear to be improving it could take more I for one would squeeze in one more pint given half a chance.
  • Options
    i think it was about 4 times that mate.
  • Options
    Sounds about right AFKA, THE ANTIGALLICAN profit would be about 30% so after all the overheads,staff blah blah blah the pub would clear about £1200, last time i went in the oak i ordered 2 pints of larger which were both flat and did not pay for,so changed to guiness, seems that the larger is probably being bought in on THE CHEAP for matchday weekends,nothing to do with pipe detail or gas.this would make sense as it's passing trade and the pub can sell without any comeback,INCREASE profit to 40%.(on this basis).The oak used to be my local when ray had the pub but it's changed hands and can't cope, agency staff serving pints. try it during the week and you will get a really good FIZZY pint.
  • Options
    If it was 4 times that then it must be taking at least 5K on a match day because when Ray was running it, it was dead at all other times, used to go and play darts regularly on a Thursday and to be the only people in there from 8.00 to 10.00 was not unusual.
  • Options
    was dead quiet during the week FOR ALL the pubs in the area but the buisness would be based on match days,hence AFKA figures.i would go to the oak the gallican or the watermans arms and it would be empty on non match days,it's still the same,people have spread out. what does the conservative club take?