Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watch our flat burn down

Found a video of this and thought I'd share it with you:

Our flat burning down, 4th January 2009

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy, that's frightening.

I guess you lost everything....?
  • Options
    Love a good fire...
  • Options
    bit extreme just to try and keep warm wasn't it ??
  • Options
    Does this have anything to do with the bloke and his dog?
  • Options
    Looks like a decent chip fan fire on the Ferrier
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Does this have anything to do with the bloke and his dog?

lol. No, that's much more recent - in our new flat
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Jimmy, that's frightening.

I guess you lost everything....?

Actually, our flat was on the first floor, and although directly underneath the source of the fire, we didn't have much damage from fire but from the huge amount of water.
    We lost everything electrical and all furniture except a table. We managed to save all personal effects although some were damaged. I spent months drying out papers, books, CD covers etc. In fact I'm just coming to the end of the long process of getting everything back in order, and we've just received the bulk of the insurance money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]Looks like a decent chip fan fire on the Ferrier

This was caused by an electrical fault in a dryer. Many fires are caused by dryers - personally I don't see why everyone can't just hang their washing out to dry. All flats should be built with a small communal room for this purpose.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]Looks like a decent chip fan fire on the Ferrier

This was caused by an electrical fault in a dryer. Many fires are caused by dryers - personally I don't see why everyone can't just hang their washing out to dry. All flats should be built with a small communal room for this purpose.
    Yeah, communal fire, that's what you want...
  • Options
    Any idea from the comments from the frogs are about?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ooooooooohhh your flat is on fire!
  • Options
    On a completely unrelated subject Jimmy, I'm currently watching the second series of Spiral on BBC3, are you into this?

Loved the first series and the second is looking promising but still having to rely on the subtitles despite the 5 years of evening classes and living over there for a bit :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Ooooooooohhh your flat is on fire!

Your not claiming that!!!
  • Options
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Does this have anything to do with the bloke and his dog?

lol. No, that's much more recent - in our new flat
    It would be a quick way to sort out the dog and the bastard owner though,
    Rather than telling the French prick how many England have beaten them at sport and war, just set fire to him. and his mut.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]

This was caused by an electrical fault in a dryer. Many fires are caused by dryers - personally I don't see why everyone can't just hang their washing out to dry.[span style=color: rgb(255, 0, 0);]All flats should be built with a small communal room for this purpose.[/span]
    Yeah, communal fire, that's what you want...

I mean a communal room to dry washing naturally
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Any idea from the comments from the frogs are about?

Mostly they are moaning that the France 3 website is going on about how the Red Cross had there site damaged and not concentrating on the many families who lost their homes. They are also saying that no-one was helping the victims - not true for us - people were very kind and generous.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]On a completely unrelated subject Jimmy, I'm currently watching the second series of Spiral on BBC3, are you into this?

Loved the first series and the second is looking promising but still having to rely on the subtitles despite the 5 years of evening classes and living over there for a bit :-(

Spiral? Never heard of it. Is it a French or British programme?

Been here 6 years and still need my subtitles - and I've done degree level French!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]On a completely unrelated subject Jimmy, I'm currently watching the second series of Spiral on BBC3, are you into this?

Spiral? Never heard of it. Is it a French or British programme?

Been here 6 years and still need my subtitles - and I've done degree level French!

You should try going to Montreal; I My French isn't brilliant but I can get by in France generally. Absolutely no chance in Quebec, I was there over the weekend and I couldn't understand a word they were saying.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    No surprise. Even the French have problems - a bit like us with some Yanks.