Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Jungle's been bulldozed

And good job to. Nice to see the french finally closing these illegal immigrant camps.
Seems they are not going to stop untill all are closed and illegal immigrants sent back to their european point of entry.
How they are going to determine that though, i have no idea.
Would be nice to see a similar stance taken on businesses within the UK.

Comments

• Options
    About time. Even though they will set up else where along the french coast.
  • Options
    Actually they are doing a pretty decent job. They are going to interview each person in turn and determine whether they deserve refugee status. If not, the French authorities are going to repatriate them.
  • Options
    Long over due

Uk doing the same not a hope in hell

To weak and to many do gooders
  • Options
    My mother came to the UK from the Republic of Ireland, my father was born in Lambeth and fought in Burma.
  • Options
    That's very interesting Seth. Just not sure what it has to do with hordes of bogus asylum seekers crossing multiple European boundaries before claiming asylum in England.
  • Options
    Interestingly enough I was speaking to a pair of Moldovans on holiday, asking the impression of different European countries. They said that most other western european countries were easier to get residence in, but that we tended to treat them better when they were here. Still not the story that the currant bun wants to give their "read"ership.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Interestingly enough I was speaking to a pair of Moldovans on holiday, asking the impression of different European countries. They said that most other western european countries were easier to get residence in, but that we tended to treat them better when they were here. Still not the story that the currant bun wants to give their "read"ership.

I don't see why they don't cover your next holiday and write about who you might meet there!
  • Options
    The French have a simple method for dealing with asylum seekers. Apparently, they simply do not process their applications, wait for them tire of waiting/starve and then watch them dissolve across the border into the UK - it seems to work!

This piece is very interesting, given that it is written from a Grauniad point of view. There are certainly some issues here that UK citizens need to think long and hard about....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/sep/22/jungle-camp-asylum-europe
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]That's very interesting Seth. Just not sure what it has to do with hordes of bogus asylum seekers crossing multiple European boundaries before claiming asylum in England.

I reckon that possibly as my mother was an economic migrant just after the second world war I may really be a bogus UK citizen.....especially as the majority of our population can trace a pure blood line right back to the builders of Stonehenge.
  • Options
    Blah blah bloody blah. Whilst I'm all for closing the camps, what would you do if you lived in Afghanistan and had a bit of cash? Personally anyone who comes and works their ass off is more than welcome. We could swap the millions of useless shite Englanders who roll around on the dole doing fuck all.

How comes Sweden manages to absorb asylum seekers and get a high proportion into work so smoothly? Close the camps! Oh shit they've just opened another two dozen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    so how is that statement "useless shit englanders" not a piece of utter racist shit then ?

yes do tell what the population density of Sweden to England is and yes do tell where and why we have a million illigal imigrants here already and do tell how anyone who agrues against MORE coming is a "racist" but you can gob off bollox about the English.
  • Options
    Do we have a million illegal immigrants here really? I mean is this a number sort of extrapolated from sample evidence, is it an estimate, is it a guesstimate, or have the illegal immigrants been sort of counted in some way? If the million illegal immigrants were counted by the authorities, shouldn't those same authorities be doing something about it.....I mean if they're illegal, then the law would surely come into play?
  • Options
    Well this thread lasted longer than expected.
  • Options
    I wish they'd bulldoze Student Finance England!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nice one gooner I didn't criticise anyone for being racist. A little sore in the mind & red top logic? I have no problem with people saying fewer people should be let in the country. I don't have a care for whether they display even a bare minimum of logic behind the argument. Even if they could stutter through a completely moronic rendition of the classic folk song 'third country rule'. I have a problem when lazy shite people claim they shouldn't be let in and take much more from the system than virtually all the imigrants working their ass off.

Fact is the majority come straight through customs at Heathrow and Gatwick. Fact is the world changed massively erm post '91 with the Berlin Wall coming down. Fact is economic migrancy is here to stay with modern travel. Fact is Sangate Camp is a pathetically minor issue compared to the whole issue faced by the EU. Fact is we have an aging population. Fact is even with moribund growth predicted over the next few years we need migrants to work in low level jobs, or else your house/pension/investments really will see no growth. Fact is we have many English people out of work who could easily work low level jobs, yet do sod all sitting on some area of the benefit system. Fact is economic migrants have a massively higher proportion of employment than their indigenous hosts. I don't refer to all English people being shite, just the big ammount who sit around do nothing. So it is aimed at socio-economic strata of lazing do-nothings, more prevalent in Western European economies, not a race as a whole.

No I don't have the answers just this is a generally pathetic head in the sand debate proved by your mindless drivel. So if density is the only prevention of stopping a problem already present, by your own admission and one that most cost billions in lost taxation through head in the sandism, maybe you could make the leap to a slightly tongue in cheek sarcasm about swapping the useless Englanders for those who want to work? Or are you now going to cling to logic and poh poh the poh poh?