Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Car scrapping

DA9DA9
edited September 2009 in Not Sports Related
Anyone know of a decent breaker who collects & pays for scrap cars?

Either that or does someone want a Rover 25, X reg, only 60k on the clock, but needs new head gasket, yours for £150.

Comments

• Quel suprise, a Rover with a blown headgasket!!
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Quel suprise, a Rover with a blown headgasket!!

Ha, indeed. I remember my old 220GTi going pop big time. Damned thing.

What else is up with it DA9? Does it have a/c?
  • Mate, a Rover with a blown head gasket is not worth the fuel left in the tank. Scrap it!!
  • webuyanycar.com ...........Maybe worth a look ?
  • I think the place in Swanley is still going if you're in DA9 postcode that shouldn't be too bad to get it to? I'll be buggered if I can remember the name of it though.

There is a few places round Strood way but I'm guessing that's a bit out the way for you
  • Scrapyards in Strood.... you're winding me up!
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I think the place in Swanley is still going if you're in DA9 postcode that shouldn't be too bad to get it to? I'll be buggered if I can remember the name of it though.

There is a few places round Strood way but I'm guessing that's a bit out the way for you

If it's the one that had the old orange car on a plinth, it's called ZB's
  • webuyanycar.com webuyanycar.com webuyanycar.com webuyanycar.com webuyanycar.com
  • DA9 im sure i have seen an add somewhere from a dealer that says "We pay£1,000 for ANY car".If you can find that dealer might we worth geting the gasket done and flogin it in.
  • I use a CD cover or failing that a credit card
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9DA9
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Quel suprise, a Rover with a blown headgasket!!

Ha, indeed. I remember my old 220GTi going pop big time. Damned thing.

What else is up with it DA9? Does it have a/c?

2nd time its happened as well, K series engine, allegedly well know for it, I work in a garage and could have it repaired for about £400, but it has also damaged some pistons, so the bill could run into £700-£800 pounds, and the car is just not worth it, still has decent tyres on it, no a/c though.
  • K series, in it's time, was a cracking engine... just a shame it was Rover!
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]K series, in it's time, was a cracking engine... just a shame it was Rover!

Cracking engine, but sh*t head gasket. The replacement ones are now better designed and last a lot longer. Stick one in an old MG Midget (it's not that difficult) and you've got a pocket rocket.
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]K series, in it's time, was a cracking engine... just a shame it was Rover!

Cracking engine, but sh*t head gasket. The replacement ones are now better designed and last a lot longer. Stick one in an old MG Midget (it's not that difficult) and you've got a pocket rocket.

Same goes for the MGF I think... 1.8 K series. Again, just a shame it was a Rover!