Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cleaning filth off shower screens

edited September 2009 in Not Sports Related
Afternoon

If any of you have any ideas how to clean the soap & muck that has inhabited a shower screen for quite some time could you pass on the information. I've tried all manner of cleaning products on the poxy thing and I'm now reduced to using search engines who all are either advertising they're own cleaning agent or vinegar is being mooted.

If vinegar is the way forward please elaborate. The rest of the bathroom is alright just that orrible screen is putting my new girl off the place. The snob!!

Peace out

Carter

Comments

• Options
    Surely this is a problem for the maid?
  • Options
    Obviously not the right girl for you. There is no future in the relationship.

She should already have cleaned it!

:-)
  • Options
    I to let her go, credit crunch.
  • Options
    Hey Len

I'm a man of the 21st century, do all my own cleaning, ironing, washing, cooking the lot mate. Only complete wombles can't/won't and in doing so they hand over the upper hand.

But you are right, I told her she could always have a bash at it and she thumped me!

How times have changed
  • Options
    Vinegar innit
  • Options
    We had the same problem and found that the best one to use was GrotBuster.
    Think it is part of the Domestos range - comes in a black bottle.
    pour it on - leave for an hour, and rinse off.
    Hey presto
    Also use it to clean sink overnight etc - it is very good.
  • Options
    Get down to Lakeland in Bluewater.
    They do a product for getting rid of bathroom mould called, er, Mould Spray, I think.
    It's the only product I've found that sorts out discoloured grout AND grimy shower curtains screens and doors. Only downside - smells a bit bleachy, so make sure you've got a bit of time to air the bathroom out.
  • Options
    you can get rid of it with a scouring pad (a j cloth won't do it you literally have to scratch the grime off) and bathroom cleaner and an awful lot of effort.

work on small areas before moving across and you'll notice the difference. you have to apply force to get it off but it is incredibly satisfying when you do. when clean - get the vinegar window/glass cleaner spray on - wipe off with dry j cloth and then try to do it regularly so it doesn't build up.

it helps to wipe down the screen after every shower but who has time for that?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

Especially when you are dripping wet and just remembered you forgot to get a fresh towel out of the airing cupboard.

;o)
  • Options
    I imagine Carter's shower screen has a lot more "filth" than most.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How did the Palaaarse fans get on your shower screen?
  • Options
    This has got to be the most interesting thread of the day.
  • Options
    We use a Squegy after every shower which will stop any future build up mate.

As for getting rid of current build up a Cillit Bang/Viakal type product & good old fashioned elbow grease should do the trick mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Afternoon

If any of you have any ideas how to clean the soap & muck that has inhabited a shower screen for quite some time could you pass on the information. I've tried all manner of cleaning products on the poxy thing and I'm now reduced to using search engines who all are either advertising they're own cleaning agent or vinegar is being mooted.

If vinegar is the way forward please elaborate. The rest of the bathroom is alright just that orrible screen is putting my new girl off the place. The snob!!

Peace out

Carter

If you've got a new bird you'll be less likely to be chucking more muck at the shower screen now!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]

As for getting rid of current build up a Clit Bang/F*ckal type product & good old fashioned elbow grease should do the trick mate.

Exactly the product Carter needs .....!

;o)
  • Options
    What scrubber suzi said. ;-)
  • Options
    Carter and filth... would never have imagined that combo!
  • Options
    Viakal.
    Or vinegar.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]you can get rid of it with a scouring pad (a j cloth won't do it you literally have to scratch the grime off) and bathroom cleaner and an awful lot of effort.

work on small areas before moving across and you'll notice the difference. you have to apply force to get it off but it is incredibly satisfying when you do. when clean - get the vinegar window/glass cleaner spray on - wipe off with dry j cloth and then try to do it regularly so it doesn't build up.

at least this is the way that les does it anyway
  • Options
    Shouldn't this be linked with the "Countdown" Thread ?
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Right. You wouldn't keep a dog and bark yourself.

;o)
  • Options
    Lime Lite Innit...In the green sprayey bottle
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]it helps to wipe down the screen after every shower but who has time for that?
    what, all of ten seconds?![/quote]
  • Options
    Cillit Bang
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Surely this is a problem for the maid?[/quote]

Brilliant were can i employ one to do this sort of job for me.
  • Options
    Right

A combination of white vinegar, a scouring pad and a ridiculous amount of scrubbing followed up by this flash stuff that is meant to clean anything, I have got the thing looking half decent. I am now covered in sweat though and fed up.

The limebrite stuff I use on the taps and other chrome bits. The windowlene squirt is a job for when I've cooled down now.

Thank you for the advice. It never used to look very bad but the trogladite that lives with me is incapable of cleaning up after himself.
  • Options
    Nice work, Carts.

Now your lady will look forward to you both being under the shower together.

Worth all the elbow grease.

;o)
  • Options
    i was going to say oggy.

He comes across like he's doing a good deed. but it seems like a bit to much effort for a bunk up in the shower!!
  • Options
    It's all about the 'Vinegar Stroke'.

Failing that. VIAKAL. More industrial than a night out in Rotterdam (allegedly).
  • Options
    Try cleaning it after every shower you minger...