Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done Bellamy! On reflection, maybe not!

Great picture today in the Times of Bellamy smacking a shaven headed football hooligan in the mouth. Wish some of the Millwall players did that the other night. Surely the FA can't view the incident as anything other than acting in self defence?

Comments

• Options
    self defence whilst the guy was restained by stewards yep thats self defence alright
  • Options
    bellamy's a c*** and he was out of order - as NLA sas the fella had already been restrained
  • Options
    He got within a foot of Bellamy before the stewards seemed to be able to restrain him. He could have been carrying a knife!
  • Options
    the shit hit the fan
  • Options
    What Ledge said. Irksome little dousche that Bellamy.
  • Options
    Best player on the pitch yesterday with two fantastic goals.!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]the shit hit the fan

Liking your work Rothko.
  • Options
    'Fan' shouldn't have been on the pitch. You don't know what the bloke said, and after losing in the way they did i imagine it was extremely hard to hold back if something offensive was said.

Stweards were holding him though so a tad cowardly by Bellendamy.
  • Options
    I aint saying it is right just that it was clearly not self defence and once the stewards had the guy in hand it was assault
  • Options
    Bellamy walked ten yards across to push him in the face.
    Shouldnt have done it as bloke was being held by stewards - no need to get involved.

Would much rather a player just clotheslined 'fans' who run past them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Depending on what was said then I think some of us may of had a go regardless of him being restrained or not.

Imagine the "fan" said, "I'm going to make your ma's face look like a decorator's radio you welsh c**t. Foouurrrrrr, threeeeeeee".

Bellamy is not exactly going to just say "Don't worry, he is restained, let's leave it"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite].

Would much rather a player just clotheslined 'fans' who run past them.

Or this....

2n8aiw2.gif
  • Options
    He shouldn't of laid his hand on someone who was already restrained, very cowardly.

Great post Rothko!
  • Options
    I notice that the fan was being restrained as Bellamy punched him...Very brave

Bellamy Punch
  • Options
    Looks like he's landing one on the ref - now that would be something....

Would it be acceptable for a fan (or steward) to hit a player who jumped into the stand to celebrate a goal ?
  • Options
    Cheers FOD and Da9
  • Options
    Hughes making a comparison with Clough and Bellendamy is the biggest joke...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]the shit hit the fan

Spot on. The fan was wrong and should be banned for coming on the field of play but for Bellamy to hit him when he was already restrained just makes the player look even more of an idiot than before.

And Clough was fined and banned from the touchline for the rest of the season for punching those fans who ran on the pitch.
  • Options
    Video Clip

Actually having seen the video clip for the first time I think I came to commpletely the wrong conclusion from looking at the photo.

I assumed the stewards grabbed the fan just as he reached Bellamy and Bellamy punched the fan at the same time. On the video the fan is restrained yards away from Bellamy. Bellamy walks over and just gives him a gentle shove in the face with his fist.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite] just gives him a gentle shove in the face with his fist.

*shakes head*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]just gives him a gentle shove in the face with hisfist.

*shakes head*

Yeah, Ok maybe not so gentle!

But not a punch as I first thought.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Video Clip

Actually having seen the video clip for the first time I think I came to commpletely the wrong conclusion from looking at the photo.

I assumed the stewards grabbed the fan just as he reached Bellamy and Bellamy punched the fan at the same time. On the video the fan is restrained yards away from Bellamy. Bellamy walks over and just gives him a gentle shove in the face with his fist.

Lordy, why is it that some players just can't seem to keep themselves out of trouble? It's always the same old characters that get involved in this stuff, time and again. If this had happened in a High Street on a Saturday night Bellamy would have got himself nicked for inflaming a situation that was already under control. One day soon there's going to be a very serious injury or worse at a game due to players not being able to control themselves and act in a professional way.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm not keen on Rio's reaction, there was no need to put his hand around Bellamy's throat.

Apparently there were some ugly scenes in Manchester last night, Tevez and Lescott went out for a drink!

Edit: Apparently Bellamy approached him and the fan spat at him...
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i hadn't seen the whole video until now, so didn't know that bellamy went over to the fan when he was already being restrained by stewards. Clearly bellamy shouldn't have gone up to him. But why did rio ferdinand have to get involved? to protect the honour of the idiot who ran on the pitch? no-one comes out of this well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Apparently there were some ugly scenes in Manchester last night, Tevez and Lescott weren't out for a drink!
    Surely that would make the scenes significantly less ugly?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I'm not keen on Rio's reaction, there was no need to put his hand around Bellamy's throat.

Apparently there were some ugly scenes in Manchester last night, Tevez and Lescott went out for a drink!

Edit: Apparently Bellamy approached him and the fan spat at him...

Agree with you on the Ferdinand bit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]nt over to the fan when he was already being restrained by stewards. Clearly bellamy shouldn't have gone up to him. But why did rio ferdinand have to get involved? to protect the honour of the idiot who ran on the pitch? no-one comes out of this well.
    Nail>>head
  • Options
    Great Manchester Police are investigating, looks like City will have no strikers left soon
  • Options
    That Bellamy is one classy fella.
  • Options
    Bellamy is not one of my favorite players,but, apparently the fan spat at him.