Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Misfud?

Comments

• His agent's working overtime isn't he.
  • We were alledged to have been in for him about a year back but can't see it happening now. Apart from a couple of big games he's not done a great deal.
  • Scored a couple of decent goals against us in 2007/08 but career has stalled. Seems to me all the hype and rumours about him going to the Prem went to his head after scoring against United in cup
  • The stuff that happened when his move to Bristol City fell through makes him sound like he might not be the type of professional Parky has been signing.
    Michael Mifsud's proposed transfer to Bristol City has collapsed amid bitter recriminations.

City looked set to sign the Malta international from Championship rivals Coventry after he agreed personal terms and passed a medical at the weekend.

But Bristol City manager Gary Johnson last night pulled the plug on the proposed £1.5 million deal, accusing the 27-year-old striker and his representatives of behaving unprofessionally and showing a lack of respect for the club.

The Evening Post understands Mifsud and his agent agreed the terms of a three-year contract on Saturday, only to alter their stance dramatically on Monday and table additional demands.

When the player failed to show at Ashton Gate yesterday, a furious Johnson contacted Mifsud's agent to call the whole thing off.

“I don't think he's right for us,” said Johnson. “I know people will be shocked by that and this is not me trying to enhance my reputation for interview techniques.

“I can't commit £1.5m of the club's money to people that I don't think can be committed for three years. That means so much to me and this football club. We've worked so hard over the last few years getting where we are with the dressing room we have.

“Him, his representative and lawyer took negotiations to a new level that I've never seen before, not as in finances necessarily, but in the way they were conducting business.

“In my opinion, it wasn't very professional and certainly not respectful of this football club.”

Johnson added: “When I talk to people and try to do a deal with them, you get to know their weaknesses. Although they might be very good players, if they aren't the right personality for me and the club then they'll let you down in the end.”
  • can we use the phrase ''not a parky player'' now?
  • Touch of the Andy Gray's about him (ie played well and scored against us a few seasons back).
  • Apparently talks with Notts County have just broken down....
  • [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Touch of the Andy Gray's about him (ie played well and scored against us a few seasons back).

SuperClive always scored for Grimsby against us !
    ;-)
  • A fairly decent acquisition IMO. However, I would be concerned over the affect a supposed 'unproffesional' player could have on a very positive team spirit at the moment.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Touch of the Andy Gray's about him (ie played well and scored against us a few seasons back).

SuperClive always scored for Grimsby against us !
    ;-)

There was only one SuperClive though :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• i think would be great signing for us and shows we mean business, prob just paper talk though!
  • What's gone wrong with him. First half season for Cov he looked a Premiership player then just completely nose dived? Know he didn't have a good time at Barnsley last year.