Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew CAFC Press Conference

Overall opinion, seems focused and talks a great job- but i would for even half (lets get real a quarter! ;-) ) what it's reported he is being paid!

Nevertheless- there's something there that indicates that he is ready to kick ass and if i was a prima donna footballer coasting along on a fat contract and happy to foff at the end of the season- i'd know things had changed!

"The reaction of the players has been exactly what I wanted, I feel we need to come in a really positive mode."

Pardew admits he is looking at the January transfer market, but he wants to get the most out of the current squad.

"My record of transfers is good," he said.

"My input is important but my biggest task is getting these players I have got here back to their best and I think there are a few here who want to prove some people wrong."

I'm getting excited about the rest of the season now!

Comments

• Options
    Me too, I'd love to hear what he has to say to the likes of JFH. And who was out of favour with Reed but keen to prove a point?
  • Options
    I've seen virtually all the conference and i liked everything that i saw.

I think Southend hit the nail on the head straight away. Its taken 6 months but we've finally got a Charlton manager that most can feel comfortable with.

I didn't mind Dowie, and was fully prepared to give him maximum support. But something just wasn't quite right, things seemed a bit too forced, the balance wasn't there.

I wanted Reed to suceeed more than anyone, but it was noticeable the players didn't from the very first game at Reading. I hated the players for it, even if they didn't want him they should of been giving their all. But you can win round 2 or 3, but not a whole dressing room. It was never going to work, and the club were right to act quickly.

Pardew has confidence, arrogance and knows where he wants to be. I suspect there is a massive cash bonus incentive for keeping us up, which probably swayed him, but i'm relieved and grateful we have a recognised manager that is fully prepared to be with us even with a strong reality of Championship football next season.
  • Options
    £1M
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Loved Pardew as a player. Fond memories of his ghosting in to nab the winner in the 4-3 win against Southend when I took my older two girls to The Valley for their first time the day the East Stand opened.

I rated Pardew as a manager at Reading and thought of him as a possible successor to Curbs. He went down in my estimation though firstly by the way he left Reading and secondly because of the derogatory comments he made about Charlton, something along the lines of Chirpy's famous shitty little club phrase!

At the Hamsters though he did a reasonable (but not as good as some have painted) job. I feel desperately sorry for Reed who in my view did little wrong but was betrayed by disloyal, disinterested players. SuperAl will have my full backing although I'm not holding my breath as to his making much difference!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!