Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mac Help

edited August 2009 in Troubleshooting
Trying to get Firefox as my default web-browser instead of Safari on my Mac, but can't figure out how to change it.

Anyone on here know how to do it?

Comments

• Go to Safari preferences and set it in there. Not the right place for it in my opinion, but there you go.
  • General/Default Web Browser
  • One question - why? Safari, IMO, is excellent
  • Cheers for that, it's been driving me mad for days - last place I would have looked!
  • Buy a PC

Sorry, couldn't resist reversing what every pleb with an expensive etch-a-sketch says whenever they see a post on an internet forum from someone having trouble with a real computer
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Buy a PC

Sorry, couldn't resist reversing what every pleb with an expensive etch-a-sketch says whenever they see a post on an internet forum from someone having trouble with a real computer

Where does he say he's having trouble with the Mac Leroy!?!?
  • macs are far more better than pcs...and safari is much quicker than firefox
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]One question - why? Safari, IMO, is excellent

Firefox seems to run faster on mine for some reason.

As for which is better Mac or PC - I've got both and its Mac's for me by a country mile. None of that anti-virus nonsense slowing the machines down, plus they're more reliable and last a lot longer than PC's which are out-of-date before you've got them home!
  • "Buy a PC

Sorry, couldn't resist reversing what every pleb with an expensive etch-a-sketch says whenever they see a post on an internet forum from someone having trouble with a real computer"

Get a Mac Leroy and leave the anger behind!!!