Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This just in from the BBC website about Tranmere...

...Tranmere manager John Barnes and his number two Jason McAteer have been nicknamed "Dumb and Dumber" by their own players. (The Sun)

Good job we won on Sat. :o)

Comments

• Blimey, that will be a great atmosphere at the training ground on Monday, then!
  • McAteer's nickname at Bolton was "Trigger" I'm reliably informed.
  • [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]McAteer's nickname at Bolton was "Trigger" I'm reliably informed.

It's well known that McAteer isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, rumour has it that while at Liverpool, he was filling out a credit card application form, next to profession he wrote Professional Footballer, next question is position within company, so he put wing back :0)
  • [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]McAteer's nickname at Bolton was "Trigger" I'm reliably informed.

I think that was Liverpool and I've a feeling his mickname was actually "Double Trigger", Rob Jones who they'd signed from Crewe was nicknamed "Trigger" for being intellectually challenged.
  • I heard that Rob Jones was called 'DAVE' by his liverpool team mates. Dave as in Trigger (Alright Dave)
  • Rodney: Why's he called trigger? Is he tooled up?

Del: No, he looks like a horse

Classic