Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Does anyone remember this.......?

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
I don't!!!

Never saw us as bullys EVER!

http://www.thoughtleader.co.za/traps/2009/08/26/kick-chiefs-millwall-and-west-ham-out-of-tournaments/

Comments

• What a prick!
    IF this is true, he still doesn't say Addicks fans administered any violence, and he speculates that we are a mob like Millwall and Wet Spam.

Why does he even mention Charlton? This is a classic case of tarring us all with one brush. Michael Trapido has let himself down. Anyway this is an anicdote from 1995, and is even more irrelevant.
  • Another meaningless cock talking utter bullshit.
  • [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]I don't!!!

Never saw us as bullys EVER!

http://www.thoughtleader.co.za/traps/2009/08/26/kick-chiefs-millwall-and-west-ham-out-of-tournaments/

Sorry Terry but this link was posted on here a few days back I believe.
  • I'm fed up with this trying to deflect from West Ham - tony gale and cottee were doing the same on sky sports news saying it should never have been played midweek, fans had all day to drink etc etc

face it - west ham fans started trouble and should be penalised
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I'm fed up with this trying to deflect from West Ham - tony gale and cottee were doing the same on sky sports news saying it should never have been played midweek, fans had all day to drink etc etc

face it - west ham fans started trouble and should be penalised

Think they simply got in before the Spanners in truth.
  • 1995 Derby v Charlton 2-0,18th Nov 95, the only time we played them away that year. The reporter cannot even remember the score, I wonder if he has got the away team correct. Charlton thugs on trains? That's a new one to me. Just a couple of points that the reporter might not understand: when Charlton supporters travel away, with the supporter's club, all persons travelling are known to the club. I.e. names and addresses held by the supporter's club. Group travel with the supporter's club is only allowed by British Rail as long as they know that there will be no trouble on the trains. As soon as there is trouble, all travel will be cancelled. British Transport Police also travel on the trains. With the back up of Transport Police at the destination of the train. At no time was any incident reported to the supporters liaison or the transport police. If such an incident had been reported, the train travel organizer would have had to have given a report to the British Transport Police and to the supporters club committee-members. At no time from 1992 until 1996 was any train travel refused by British Rail to Charlton supporters. In fact early 1994/1995 season British Transport Police gave up travelling with the Charlton supporters due to their excellent behaviour. May be Airman Brown can confirm that no trouble was reported to him as secretary of the Charlton Supporters Club whilst he was in office.
  • A minor point but he also states that it was in the 1st. Div'n. Wrong again: the Football League Championship started in 92/93 following the formation of the Prem. I think he had too many brandies in the boardroom, fell asleep in his comfy first class Intercity compartment and dreamed it all!