Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lawrie Sanchez anyone?

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
I'm sad for Reed - a nice guy, Charlton through and through, but in the end not up to the task. Was clear to me when I saw John Fortune have to ask to go up front towards end of Wycombe game - Curbs would have instructed that 10 mins earlier. You can't hang around and hope with time ticking away in football.

I'm not sure about Pardew. My choice (actually in the summer too if we weren't in the market for O'Neill) would be Sanchez - a proven record of turning a lost cause into a committed team capable of delivering results with Northern Ireland. And Reed worked with him there - even an opportunity for face-saving? He's ambitious and next move will surely be to a Prem club. Would he be up for the challenge?

Comments

• Options
    Sanchez was the guy i was forwarding when Dowie got the boot Weegie, and now i think he would be even more ideal.

Let's face it, we weren't going to get a top manager in the Summer, and we are not going to get one now. But Sanchez would be just in the top-end of the bracket we should be looking at.
  • Options
    Very good call - even the slight poss of retaining Les - then again I think it is probably too late for that.

I would be delighted if we appointed Sanchez tonight.
  • Options
    Agree. Sanchez would be superb. He is not happy with the NIFA. I would prefer Pardew but no one will touch him for a while, well not until all this scandal finally becomes public and then ends up as tomorrows chip paper. Graham Rix survived a similar thing, worse in that he actually broke the law.
  • Options
    haven't reed and sanchez worked together for NI - was reed the man who masterminded the win.