Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eduardo

Hope he busts his leg again.....and that goes for all the cheatin diving sh1ts that wear the shirts of any team.

About time we had video replays at games.

Comments

• UEFA should be able to review these incidents and give retrospective 3 game bans for diving, would stamp it out almost immediately.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]UEFA should be able to review these incidents and give retrospective 3 game bans for diving, would stamp it out almost immediately.
    Well they can give 2 game ones so they are almost there.
  • Don't remeber that many people complaining when Mcleod took a couple of tumbles to get penalties? One which wasn't even in the box?
  • About time clubs stopped being such sore losers!

Cut out diving and unsportsman like behaviour by the reasons Eltham said, but not by bringing in replays.
  • Plaaayer:
    Yeh DiCanio got us a pen as well for 'simulation' er Cheatin. That does not make it right.
    Its become so common in the game and players are getting very clever at it that I think that it should be stamped out now.
    Same goes for holding shirts in the box, as soon as a few refs start giving penaltys for holding then it will stop over night.

Re Eduardo, its not as if he and Arsenal had to cheat.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Cut out diving and unsportsman like behaviour by the reasons Eltham said, but not by bringing in replays.
    It is already in place as I said.
  • personally I think its blown out of all proportion.

He cheated but what difference a player who fakes injury? what difference a player who holds on to a player at a corner?

yes its cheating but there are instances of cheating in EVERY game and I think the SFA should get off their high horse and stop being such bad losers!
    not saying I condone what he did but the media frenzy in the aftermath is fucking stupid!
  • I do not mind too much if a player goes down under contact or runs at a leg hung out in their path. but I do agree about blatant cheating like the dive last night. The authorities should help the refs by banning retrospectively as if players knew they were going to get both barrels eventually it would stop.

I vote for 6 games for diving to win a penalty/freekick and ten games for attempting to get another player sent of
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]The authorities should help the refs by banning retrospectively as if players knew they were going to get both barrels eventually it would stop.
    Are my posts not appearing?
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Plaaayer:
    Yeh DiCanio got us a pen as well for 'simulation' er Cheatin. That does not make it right.
    Its become so common in the game and players are getting very clever at it that I think that it should be stamped out now.
    Same goes for holding shirts in the box, as soon as a few refs start giving penaltys for holding then it will stop over night.

Re Eduardo, its not as if he and Arsenal had to cheat.

I'm not saying it's right at all mate, a couple of times when Bailey has gone down without being touched this season it's embarrassing, just thought it was a bit harsh to say hope he busts his leg again.
    I'm all for punishments if players have dived and the one last night was pretty bad! There was no need for him to go over as Arsenal had the game pretty much sewn up
  • Sponsored links:

• Did WSS say something?

I think in this case UEFA have to get serious and retrospectively ban the player and carry out the threat.
  • yeah, the powers that be should take a look at dubious incidents and put some sort of punishment into place for any offender.
  • screw you all!
  • maybe a 2 match ban or something.
  • I think we should ask WSS about this, bet he would put us right.
  • Anyone seen WSS?
  • Oh yer and WSS might mention that i may or may not have dived in a certain match, he is lying!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Anyone seen WSS?

I don't think he's posted all day.
  • i thought he got gently clipped by the celtic keeper , although he was falling/running/diving in that direction ... only saw it once in a replay tho but there is some contact (i think)
  • Refs getting conned goes on week in week out. One of the reason why I think that ex pros should be fast tracked onto the top refs list. There must be plenty of 1st and 2nd Division standard footballers who would give their right arm to get a job as a ref when they retire. Of course they would still make mistakes but would not be conned as often as the bunch of bank managers and teachers we currently have.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i thought he got gently clipped by the celtic keeper , although he was falling/running/diving in that direction ... only saw it once in a replay tho but there is some contact (i think)[/quote]

That was my take on it. Feather touch and down he went. Same as many many other players did last weekend and will do for the rest of this season.

When they showed the replay from the refs angle it looked a clear penalty. It was only when they showed it from the other side that it became clear he'd been brushed and thrown himself down.

Boruc is an arse of the highest order and to that end I couldn't help but enjoy the whole incident.
  • You know what I can't believe though? WENGER DIDN'T SAY HE DIDN'T SEE IT.
  • What do you expect from a foreign team! ;-)
  • UEFA charge Eduardo with "Deceiving the ref" in the game against Celtic
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Refs getting conned goes on week in week out. One of the reason why I think that ex pros should be fast tracked onto the top refs list. There must be plenty of 1st and 2nd Division standard footballers who would give their right arm to get a job as a ref when they retire. Of course they would still make mistakes but would not be conned as often as the bunch of bank managers and teachers we currently have.

very good idea...
  • So how does this work. Say a player fouls another player and the ref gives nothing .... can they retrospectively give a penalty.

Or a ref gives a penalty when you could argue it wasnt a penalty (remember Robbie Fowler at the Library wagging his finger to say no pen ref, but he got the pen then scored it ...)

In real time it looked like a pen so was given. Move on ...
  • The Arsenal Chief executive said if you have had an injury like eduardo's broken leg then "it's fairly natural that you might want to avoid significant contact". What a great excuse. If he has to avoid minor challenges like the Boruc one by diving onto the floor I'm not sure football is the right career for Eduardo.
  • I'm amazed no one has mentioned retrospective bans. This thread needs a moderator quickly
  • Dunno why they just don't give, lets say, a 2 game ban to anyone who dives!! Can't believe nobody has mentioned this, especially WestSide who has an abundant knowledge of this sort of stuff!! Praps he is having an orf day!! ;-)