Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formations

Can someone please explain what are:
1) The Christmas Tree formation
2) The Diamond formation and
3) Zonal Marking :-

I think i get the 3rd one,each player marks a certain area from a corner, but what if 3/4 attackers move into that area ?

Thank You.

Comments

• 1. Adopted by good carol singers the length and breadth of the country maximising jar revenue.
    2. Was used successfully by the Bond St jewelry theives but now discredited since the arrests
    3. Favoured system of trafic markings as used by Westminister City Council.
  • edited August 2009
    Asked for that one........
    V.Good SHG
    ;-)
  • Just don`t ask Pardew ! ;0)
  • edited August 2009
    Morning P.....It's little known or understood(at least in footballing circles), that these terms and expressions have derived from none other than Formation Dancing........made popular in the latter part of the 19th century.......particularly in Scotland.
    Who can ever forget the now ledgenary West Ayrshire Highland Dance Formation Team routine during the 1898 British Championship at The Harlesden Empire as Angus (Big Mac) MacAngus bellowed out the now immortal 'gold medal winning' war cry/instructions in perfect unison with the Argyle pipe band that had travelled down with them from Scotland that day...."First lady second lady fourth to the back, fifth ladies finger up the sixth ladies cr**ck.....Fourth ladies second ladies fifth to the front, sixth ladies finger up the third ladies ****!"
    Classic it was and brings a lump to my throat to this day.....by pure chance my great great aunt Barbara Bandersnatch from Haywards Heath was there that day performing in the team from East Sussex....they were unplaced!
  • Quality soundas, openly laughed on train to that ditty.
  • Feel sorry for the 3rd lady - gets absolutely no action at all.
  • You did that dance in The Axe on New Years Eve if I remember through the drunkeness..............
  • Just found your post, SoundAs ......nearly pissed myself !!!

Someone calling out something like that would have deffo livened up that dreadful country line dancing thing that was popular with the wimmin a few years back....... (!)

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Can someone please explain what are:
    1) The Christmas Tree formation
    2) The Diamond formation and
    3) Zonal Marking :-

I think i get the 3rd one,each player marks a certain area from a corner, but what if 3/4 attackers move into that area ?

Thank You.

1) Formation of 4,3,2,1 or with our lot

Elliott
    Richardson--Dailly--Llera--Youga
    ----Racon
    Semedo---Bailey
    Sam----Shelvey
    Burton

2) Formation of 4, 1, 2, 1, 2

Elliott
    Richardson--Dailly--Llera--Youga
    Semedo
    ----Sam
    Bailey
    Racon
    Shelvey ---Burton

:o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Thank You..........
    Still can remember SoundasA dancing.............Mary........!!!