Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mark Lawrenson on Les Reed

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
He needs a Christmas miracle and that would come in the shape of a unified dressing room. They went out of the Carling Cup without a fight which is shameful and that is largely down to a lack of spirit among the players. Charlton fans deserve a lot better than the players are giving them.

Can't argue with that.

Comments

• Options
    Nope.
    That's why I think we could do with Souness (admittedly I seem to be alone in that!) for the rest of the season, would take no sh*t from the players.
  • Options
    The problem seems to be that the players don't give a s**t, so he'd have none to take!
  • Options
    If only there was some kind of performance clause and we could cancel a few of their contracts.....might make a few of them work a bit harder.
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited December 2006
    Sorry, my last comment wasn't exactly helpful. We need some leaders on the pitch, whoever is running the team cannot do anything with a group of players that can't recognise what they should be doing on the pitch. We have a few that can latch on to such leadership and play well: D Bent, HH (despite his decline), Carson, Kish, even Young.

Les seems to have a bit too much to say (especially in the papers), I hope that he doesn't over-complicate matters in communicating with the players. You can give them a 20 page document on how to deal with whatever scenario might happen on the pitch, but it would do nothing compared to a player that can get things sorted with a few words and plenty of actions.
  • Options
    Dunno how good he'd be (probably crap!), but I'd love to see Myhre in a red shirt in an outfield position - if we persist with playing Carson in goal, we should try to harness Myrhe's passion and drive. He seems to communicate well (shout!) at the back four, so why not the rest of the team?

It's never gonna happen, but I'd love to see it in a reserve match or similar - just for fun!
  • Options
    He'd probably be glad of a game though!