Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Championship Manager 2010 Cheap as a kebab!

Championship Manager has released a new way to pay for the forthcoming game and that is pay what you like. You can play as little as 1pennie with a £2.50 charge before Midnight on September 10th for the game what will be released for download on September 11th. I will be looking in to it, www.championshipmanager.co.uk for more info :)

Trialing demo now :)

Comments

• Options
    This is interesting...
  • Options
    A bargain but just not as good as Football manager. 30th of October=strained relationships!
  • Options
    I didn't get the last FM, but I was reliably informed it was a giant turkey.

Can you confirm/deny?
  • Options
    Fm 2009 wasn't that bad, only downer few glitches which were fixed with a patch, and my laptop couldn't run the 3d match engine, I only have always played it in commentry mode only so didn't bother me, could be very fustrating when u keep losing matches need to go deep into the game to get things right, trainning plans and tactics etc, still beats champ man by miles I've had every version of fm and it does get better. I gave up with champ man once the split happend have not had a version of champ man since 2005 would be prepared to give it a go. If I could make one thing for fm would be the abilty to take control of teams from the past ala be charlton in the 80's etc with simonsen and shirtliff etc that would be amazing but guess would be to much for a home pc to handle, to then have all the players come through to modern day ones, try to get wrighty from greenwich brough stuart pearce from non league then up to beckham on loan etc.. doubt will happen maybe one day..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I didn't get the last FM, but I was reliably informed it was a giant turkey.

Can you confirm/deny?
    It was good, but don't try and manage Charlton, you'll do well to last a season.
  • Options
    Its excelent. I manage Charlton 5th season just above relegation in the Prem 5 games to go. It is hard though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]Its excelent. I manage Charlton 5th season just above relegation in the Prem 5 games to go. It is hard though.

Likewise my one think in march now and am top of the pile where we should be lol but havent played in a while as gets bit addictive
  • Options
    Top of the prem? Really? Thats 'kin hard. Especially with no money.
  • Options
    I don't even eat kebabs but I'd rather a kebab than CM 2010.
    Just watch these videos and you'll realise how bad it is.
    Another one

Data is terrible as well, Charlton have £4m to spend (unless they can predict the future?) and there a lot of silly errors like Wagstaff being a left winger (and can't play on the right).

Horrible interface and look as well.

I don't mean any of that as a comparison to FM either, I've seen it called the football equivalent of Big Rigs...

Problem for the makers is it's not quite a simulation like FM, but it's not quite a quick, fun but realistic game like the old CMs were.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scho, don't u do stuff for the fm tream? I thought I saw a thread once that u did our stats fore the game, have u met the colliyer brothers? They must be football nuts. I remeber an old version of either cm or fm that they were in and if u scouted them u got really funny reports from the scouts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Scho, don't u do stuff for the fm tream? I thought I saw a thread once that u did our stats fore the game, have u met the colliyer brothers? They must be football nuts. I remeber an old version of either cm or fm that they were in and if u scouted them u got really funny reports from the scouts.

I do the Charlton research, but it's not a job, never met anyone involved in making FM. Most people who do the research are just FM and football fans. I think the odd few around the world are actually scouts at clubs.

Have spoke to Paul Collyer by email and on the forums. He always wants to make the match engine better even though he knows it'll never be perfect. I don't think a lot of people realise some of the minor details he's managed to code into the match engine. Ov is now involved with FM Live, the online FM fantasy football type of game. So yeah they probably always have been and still are crazy about football.

There's still something like that in the game now I believe, when the staff come through as generated youth players a few seasons into the game.
  • Options
    Tried to play the demo but It won't play on my computer :S
  • Options
    Jesus Christ, here we go - another six months of people picking up on players from a football management game and asking whether we should sign them...
  • Options
    To be fair to Champ Man, they are one HELL of a lot better with the PSP engine. My Champ Man 2006 is awesome, and FM is sadly lacking. It's basically the same as the PC format, but really really quick and perhaps some slightly less dense tactics and training. Excellent game, that.

But FM takes the biscuit on PC.
  • Options
    It worked for pards leroy.... :-)