Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton agree to let Gislason sign for Valencia

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
a loan deal has been agreed in principal according to Icelandic media. He travels to Valencia next week. Valencia want to sign him permanently in january but Charlton are unsure but his contract will run out in the summer so he can join Valencia permanently then.

Comments

• I hope that this means we have one or two decent Valencia players preparing to head our way in January.

Thanks for the info mate.
  • Have a feeling he will go on to be a success as well.

Can't understand how it is felt he could be good enough for Valencia, but not for us. Valencia must only know about him through us ?
  • we have a player in reserves yet valencia want him for their first team plans..

thats proper tits up if you ask me.
  • very strange indeed
  • edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Have a feeling he will go on to be a success as well.

Can't understand how it is felt he could be good enough for Valencia, but not for us. Valencia must only know about him through us ?

Well Valencia have been watching Rurik the past 3 months according to their assistant manager and it has been his performances for the Iceland U-19 and U-21 sides that have impressed them. His performance as the loan striker for the Iceland U-21 side against Italy last september apparently “sold him to them.” There he was one of the best players on the pitch against players like Rossi at Man Utd, Chiellini at Juve, Gurce and Aquilani at Roma, Pazzini at Sampa and many others.

Gianfranco Zola, the Italy assistant manager, praised him after the game saying he was a real talent. He also scored in most of the Iceland U19 matches this year.

Apparently a Valencia scout spotted him in the Iceland U-21 match against Italy but the scout was their to watch Roma playmaker Aquilani and the boll started rolling from there.
  • Wait... I'm just hearing word... Barca are in for Hughesie!
  • cheers Steinsson, as always you input is much appreciated.

I had heard as well from an Icelandic coach 6 months ago that big things were forecast for Gislason and am suprised he has not pushed further here. Really hope he is not the 'one that got away'.
  • It's depressing,Why is he not even being featured,a class player training with the 1st team. give him a go.
  • edited December 2006
    what have we actually gained by having links with inter milan, new zealand, valencia, germinal beerschot and mypa? and the overseas academy things in spain, south africa and china?
    it seems to me that it's just an excuse for a few of the clubs employees to have a 'working' holiday.
    come to think about it the academy at sparrows lane isn't producing players anymore so perhaps we should scrap the academies and spend the (estimated) £2m a year it costs to run them on prospects from the lower league. £2m = 4x £500k players (a lot of money to ignore for small clubs). we only need to find a kinsella/robinson type player every couple of years for it to more than pay dividends.
    i'll start a new thread with this.
  • pathetic really is.

HE SHOULD Be fecking played. I am furious at this. If Valencoa think the kid is good enough he sure as bloody hell should be good enough for us.

Whilst we have to put up with shit like Faye M Bent and JFH this kid is going to come back and haunt ous because BLOODY scared managers ,including Curbishley ,have not got the bollox to give a proper bit of talent the chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not seen him myself but somebody whose judgement I respect tells me that although he is undoubtedly talented he makes Dennis look aggressive and physically competitive!

La Liga by all accounts is not anything like as physical as the Premiership which may explain why Valencia are considering taking a punt on him.
  • i don't care we are shit in midfield play him
  • Ridiculous......... absolutely ridiculous........... Im starting to hate everyone at the club....... theres no justification that a TOP European team can come in for one of our YOUNGSTERS see talent and we just go ... Ok then have him......

Idiots... if he wants to play, let him play..... were 'the worst team in premiership history' or the worst performance or whatever..... PLAY HIM...........

Christ this is turning into a knightmare.... I hope my mate turns up before I put this computer through the window........
  • Gislason scored the only goal for the Charlton reserves in a 2-1 loss against Brighton this week. Seems strange that charlton are playing him as he is bound for Valencia.

The source of this story is Ruriks old club, HK Kopavogur.

http://www.hk.is/web/?&OZON=Z3JvdXA9ODY2MyZwYXJlbnQ9MzQ0
  • Would he go straight into the Valencia 1st team? Les reed has told him to put on more weight.
  • He will train with the Valencia first team squad according to the assistant Valencia manager.
  • [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Would he go straight into the Valencia 1st team? Les reed has told him to put on more weight.

perhaps he could spend the festive season with jimmy flloyd lazyc**t, or andy reid.