Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sol Campbell

Comments

• Hope he knows that he shouldn't bugger off at half time if things aren't going too well.
  • If he does well at Macclesfield do you think he could become the next Spurs manager 😎😁
  • I think he’ll bomb.
  • I should imagine it would react with credit where it's due, as long as he desists from saying silly things.
  • Gutted to find out they're already out of the FA Cup. Roll on the 2019/20 3rd round draw.
    doronron said:

If he does well at Macclesfield do you think he could become the next Spurs manager 😎😁

Ha. You'd get shorter odds on the ghost of Sir Bill Nicholson being next manager.
  • Set to be unveiled as the Macclesfield manager

Fair play to him on starting at the very bottom.
    Exactly, he was a very good player and hopefully can pass on his experience.

I saw an article somewhere a while ago that he wants to start at the bottom and work his way up.

I saw an article somewhere a while ago that he wants to start at the bottom and work his way up.
    The good thing is was he is a defender, so they should at least tighten up at the back.

The point is he didnt, yes he has done now but in the not to far past he applied for championship jobs and when he didnt get them screamed racism
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:

Please, Sol, PLEASE be as good a manager as you were a centre back in your day. I'd love to see how the footballing world reacts

100% this.

Sol gets too much stick. Yes he has said some silly things but it is an undeniable fact that not enough BME managers are given a chance.

England's best player for 10 years solid. 2026 world cup winning manager ;)

So @ricky_otto was right and he HAS got the Scotland job?

The point is he didnt, yes he has done now but in the not to far past he applied for championship jobs and when he didnt get them screamed racism
    I did not know that, this surprises me.
  • Winning at Exeter
  • Winning at Exeter

He doesnt take charge till thursday
  • PaddyP17 said:

Please, Sol, PLEASE be as good a manager as you were a centre back in your day. I'd love to see how the footballing world reacts

100% this.

Sol gets too much stick. Yes he has said some silly things but it is an undeniable fact that not enough BME managers are given a chance.

He was talking about the FIFA World Cup not to CONIFA World Cup
  • PaddyP17 said:

100% this.

He was talking about the FIFA World Cup not to CONIFA World Cup
    I actually thought he meant the Deep Fried Mars Bar World Cup.
  • Winning at Exeter

He's inspired them to up their game.
  • Worth listening to Dwight Yorke interview on radio 5 today. Personally I hope Campbell does well
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

Worth listening to Dwight Yorke interview on radio 5 today. Personally I hope Campbell does well

Same same.

Sol's problem was the acting career wobble. Not the BME card. Couple of comments above are simply wrong in that regard.
  • Winning at Exeter

He's inspired them to up their game.
    Managing by osmosis
  • Why do other people get involved and randomly use the race card.

Paul Ince has come out and said he finds it strange that Lampard got the Derby job, Gerard got the Rangers job and Sol Campbell has had to settle for Macclesfield and saud their is something strange their.

Sol Campbell retired in 2011, then went into politics, became assistant manager of Trindad in 2017 for a short spell and has only recently got back into the Englisg game by coaching ungland under 21s

Steven Gerard-retired in 2016, coached a liverpool academy side, then became Liverpool under 18 manager, then got the Rangers job

Frank Lampard retired in 2016, not 100% sure if he did ny coaching but like gerard remained close to the game and worked closly with some great managers.

I am not saying its not at all down to race, no one can be sure or that but Paul ince doesnt seem to have considered how long Sol spent away from the game

Paul Ince has come out and said he finds it strange that Lampard got the Derby job, Gerard got the Rangers job and Sol Campbell has had to settle for Macclesfield and saud their is something strange their.

Sol Campbell retired in 2011, then went into politics, became assistant manager of Trindad in 2017 for a short spell and has only recently got back into the Englisg game by coaching ungland under 21s

Steven Gerard-retired in 2016, coached a liverpool academy side, then became Liverpool under 18 manager, then got the Rangers job

Frank Lampard retired in 2016, not 100% sure if he did ny coaching but like gerard remained close to the game and worked closly with some great managers.

I am not saying its not at all down to race, no one can be sure or that but Paul ince doesnt seem to have considered how long Sol spent away from the game

With the amount of black players, both Brits and foreign, in the English game these days throughout the leagues, I personally can't see how there not being many black or Asian managers can be down to race. An owner, investing millions in a Club is surely going to go for the best candidate. Add to that the majority of top flight clubs are owned by foreigners, some of whom are Asian and Arabian
  • Well he is doing what I suggested he should. Stop moaning about things, take a job at the bottom and work his way up.
  • I hope Sol does well.
  • I wonder if there should be a rule implemented which says that when a club appoint a new Manager they must list those that were interviewed and those that didnt get interviewed - Would certainly offer a bit more clarity

With the amount of black players, both Brits and foreign, in the English game these days throughout the leagues, I personally can't see how there not being many black or Asian managers can be down to race. An owner, investing millions in a Club is surely going to go for the best candidate. Add to that the majority of top flight clubs are owned by foreigners, some of whom are Asian and Arabian
    Thats exactly what i have been thinking, in regards to ownership, owners want the best man for the job and again as u say how many clubs are now owned by asians or middle eastern and havent hired any BAME managers.

I wonder how many even attempt to go into management or just dont bother
  • I hope Sol does well.

Any other manager I usually do, but not Campbell and not because he's black either
  • I wonder if there should be a rule implemented which says that when a club appoint a new Manager they must list those that were interviewed and those that didnt get interviewed - Would certainly offer a bit more clarity

wish that had been the case when Kartien Interview 20 people