Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diawara Speaks!

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2006
    I just want to go and give him a hug.
    He must be well upset with his chairman.
  • Options
    He reminds me of Bubba from Forest Gump
  • Options
    Everyword Murray speaks is real in that article. Dowie has wasted a ridiculous sum. Just like I said to some people on here a while back ;-). Is Diawarra for real, he is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen.
  • Options
    I think he needs time, the french league is pretty poor so of course its going to take some getting used to. He's shown on many occassions what a good defender he can be.
    You only have to look at players like Shevvy. £30m and whats he really done for Chelsea? Absolutely feck all!
  • Options
    Shevchenko is gash. Never rated him, was carried at ac imo, but then again i hate all italian teams and there players so this might explain this rant.
  • Options
    Cant knock his goalscoring record outside England though. Just shows what a tough league this is.
  • Options
    Look at the millions the likes of Spuds and Barcodes have flushed down the bog on dross.

We are lucky really that Diawara (perhaps) is our first real expensive ricket. All our other £3 million plus players have given us excellent service.

Murray is right to flag up the mistake before it becomes a habit.
  • Options
    jimmymelrose has always told me that the French league, and he lives there after all, is very poor except for Lyon (on for a record 7th successive title). It's really no wonder that Diawara is taking so long to adapt especially as he's had injuries to contend with as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    He's been judged a lot on the transfer fee, which is not really very fair - it's not his fault that they spent that amount, although Murray has obviously washed his hands of the deal.
    On that point, what about Mills' role? Thought he played a key role in the wheeling and dealing, so shouldn't he take some of the flak as well?

In that first home game (Watford?), Diawara looked very good, so he's obviously got some ability.
    But then again perhaps it's just easier for the chairman to blame him and Dowie...
  • Options
    Agree with all you have to say there about Diawara AllLeftFoot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with AllLeftFoot as well felt that at Fulham Away he immense, occasionally he gets drawn out of position but surely if reed is half the coach he says he is then he will be able to sort that out.

I think if we are to stay up we need a prescence at the back and he certainly gives that.
  • Options
    "It is difficult at the moment but there is no need to panic," he explained.

"We still have to play the second half of the season and we will do everything we can to get away from the relegation zone."

'No need to panic'. LOL