Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dailly deal done

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
On o/s

Comments

• Options
    Wasn't there Tuesday, but seems a decent squad signing given our situation.

Note no details on length of contract though. I take it a one year ?
  • Options
    nice
  • Options
    Good signing. Hopefully stays injury free.
  • Options
    Good signing - he may not play in all games but worth having in the club / squad
  • Options
    That was his first pre-season game on Tuesday and he looked composed. Good signing.

Nice bit of PR on a Friday.
  • Options
    Also seems as a direct replacement for Matt Holland, in the utility / experienced pro sense.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Nice bit of PR on a Friday.

especially after the shirt fiasco !!
  • Options
    more good pr to come too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Also seems as a direct replacement for Matt Holland, in the utility / experienced pro sense.

Excellent news, and agree with the above. Think he offers more in defence and midfield than Holland would.
  • Options
    I thought he did well the other night and am pleased with his signing. We need another two centre-halves, one by next Saturday, but we have until the end of August to get the other and he will certainly be good back-up until then and also throughout the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I thought he did well the other night and am pleased with his signing. We need another two centre-halves, one by next Saturday, but we have until the end of August to get the other and he will certainly be good back-up until then and also throughout the season.

Two ? Surely Llera, Daily + one and Yado in reserve is enough ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: itsmyball[/cite]more good pr to come too

What do you mean?
  • Options
    Doesn't PP want THREE more CB's after Dailly?
  • Options
    wait and see
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I thought he did well the other night and am pleased with his signing. We need another two centre-halves, one by next Saturday, but we have until the end of August to get the other and he will certainly be good back-up until then and also throughout the season.

Two ? Surely Llera, Daily + one and Yado in reserve is enough ?

Parky has said, and I agree, we need three senior centre halves and a utility man as cover, in this case Dailly. Therefore we need another two centre halves. We can't count Mambo in any way, shape or form. He's only 16/17 and hasn't even a pro contract. Maybe a few games in the Johnson Paint Trophy but nothing more than that imo. Look at the problem a lack of Ch's caused us last season and if, as looks likely, we are not going to score masses of goals we need to ensure we are very tight at the back.
  • Options
    I like the fact that Parky is talking about getting "characters" in, this has been a real problem for a long time, perhaps a key factor in our demise.
    Richardson was previously captain of Leeds United, and Parkinson said his recruitment of Dailly fitted a similar profile. "We're trying to bring in characters and Christian is right at the top of that list."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]

What do you mean?

Haven't you heard Notts?
  • Options
    good signing Dailly, wouldn't be surprised to see him given the armband (if Bailey doesn't stay)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]

What do you mean?

Haven't you heard Notts?

OK, OK, I get it - hands up I bit!
  • Options
    Is it another sign that there is some money being freed up to spend on wages etc? With the Jaidi rumours etc i'm getting a good feeling at the moment.

Or is it because Bailey, Shelvey, Racon and Dickson are all getting sold this afternoon?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Is it another sign that there is some money being freed up to spend on wages etc? With the Jaidi rumours etc i'm getting a good feeling at the moment.

Or is it because Bailey, Shelvey, Racon and Dickson are all getting sold this afternoon?!

wouldn't surprise me if either McLeod or more likely Gray went today
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Should be a good signing. Meant to be very fit as well so his age shouldn't be as big an issue.

AFKA - Surely a 1 year deal at his age. I'll be shocked if it's a 2 year deal.

As for Mambo being back up, I don't think he should be just yet. I'd like to see how he does out on loan. They sent a lot of the 2nd years out on 'work experience' and I think they might do the same with Mambo.
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Is it another sign that there is some money being freed up to spend on wages etc? With the Jaidi rumours etc i'm getting a good feeling at the moment.

I am thinking that, coming from Rangers down to League One surely he's still going to get a decent wage, at least £4/5k a week?
  • Options
    Good signing I reckon. Hopefully Jaidi to come and as long we can keep our midfield we are looking in good shape for a promotion push imo
  • Options
    'Oh Christian Dailly, Your the love of my life Oh Christian Dailly,

I'd let you s*** my wife oh Christian Dailly,

I want curly hair too!'
  • Options
    It's a pretty fortuitous use of resources. We don't need lot's of cover in midfield, and it's better to have Dailly cover defence rather than Holland. Not bad all round, Parky has to be applauded on this one if his performances/fitness at rangers were proven to be good.
  • Options
    Jigsaw certainly looks more complete but up front still looks not good enough for a promotion push imho.
  • Options
    If we dont sell any contracted players and i include Gray in this the signing of Dailey is a great one as it means that all areas are starting to look stronger
  • Options
    Great signing. 2 more centre backs, Wade Small and another striker and we'll be done.
  • Options
    A good signing IMO.

Personally I think if we can keep all three of Shelvey, Racon and Bailey they are going to be that much better than any other midfields in this division we could do well even with our dodgy rota of strikers
  • Options
    It states 'permanent one year deal' on the OS