Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sir Bobby Robson R I P

Comments

• Options
    bless him - probably gave us our best foorballing moments since 66 at iTALIA 90.

God bless you Sir Bobby - what a bloody fighter you were.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Just announced on the radio news "The former England and FULHAM manager has passed away". I know it's a london radio station but surely his efforts at PSV, Porto, Ipswich and Barcelona warrant more than a mention than Fulham?!

RIP
  • Options
    God bless, top top man
  • Options
    What a shame, produced some great teams and a real gent.
    Good innings and must of been a great life.

R.I.P.
  • Options
    One of the Greatest Blokes i have ever met. You could spend hours talking about football with him. RIP Sir Bobby
  • Options
    RIP Uncle Bobby.
  • Options
    R.I.P. Sir Bobby, met him in Lisbon during the Euro and must say that he was a great person.
  • Options
    Absolutly gutted to hear this news today, the first England manager that i can really recall watching and following as a England fan.

the world is a poorer place without you and football has lost a star

RIP Sir Bobby you were always a gent and always a pleasure to listen too you deserved better tahn the fa and the toon..

God bless LEGEND
  • Options
    There's a great picture on the BBC site.

_46137090_robson86getty.jpg
  • Options
    Quality manager and person - just look at how Newcastle have spiralled since he left them.

Gave England fans their best ever overseas World Cup run.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Famous deaths,although not nice,don't normally choke me up but this one did.
    A top gentleman with a passion for the game that knew no bound.
    My earliest memories of being woken up in the middle of the night by my mum to watch Robsons England side play in the 86 world cup will live with me forever.He took a lot of flak at the start of that tournament but rammed it firmly down the medias throat.
    With football become becoming a circus more and more each day,we need more legends like Bobby Robson.

R.I.P
  • Options
    Have to say the same, not normally 'interested' when a celeb passes on, but this man appeared to be a rare example of a straightforward honest decent bloke in the game

I am sure he will be greatly missed
  • Options
    Rest in peace sir Bobby

An abiding memory of him was how composed he was during the Italia 90 shootout with ze Germans, sort of slapping his hands on the back of the chairs, not sure why that sticks out. Probably because not long after I was bawling my 9 year old eyes out! Also how dignified he was afterwards too.

When I saw him on the BBC sports personality awards getting his award, I was almost in bits!! It's a terrible shame that that man who no-one had a bad word to say about had to go through 5 cancer battles. The world is a far worse off place as of this morning.
  • Options
    God Bless Sir Bobby.
    RIP
  • Options
    Very sad.

I caught some of the England v Germany match at St James Park on Sunday featuring most of his World Cup side at some point plus a few non- footballing celebrities and Shearer.

Being the top man he is he attended in a wheelchair but looked extremely frail.
  • Options
    A great, great man who was a whisker away from achieving what only one Englishman did before him.

A true gentleman as well. To call him a legend isn't overstatement it at all.

RIP Sir Bobby and thanks for the memories
  • Options
    RIP - absolute gentleman.
  • Options
    Sad day for football my old man met him in the 70's
  • Options
    RIP Sir Bobby, thanks for the memories.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Sir Bob, just seemed like one of those people who would go on forever, a great manager and a great man, absolute legend, whenever he spoke people listened. You would be very hard pushed to find someone who dislikes him. And wasn't he responsible for bringing Ronaldo to Europe?
  • Options
    I have to say, I think he is one person who would deserve a minute silance at every ground.

From what I have seen, he was a really nice man and a ture gent.

RIP Bobby
  • Options
    Gave me some of the best moments as English football fan during the 90 World Cup. I sit next to an Ipswich fan at work and he had to leave the office for a while when he heard. He is too young to remember the great Ipswich team that Sir Bobby managed but is totally aware of why he is a legend at the club.

Sir Bobby - A wonderful human being that will be missed by the football community. R.I.P great man!!
  • Options
    For once the term legend is deserved

we will never forget Italia 90 and what could have been

RIP Sir Bobby - and thanks
  • Options
    A sad day for football, but we should be happy that we have such a truly wonderful man to remember.

RIP Bobby.
  • Options
    Newcastle shouldn't have let him go.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP Sir Bobby. Great man, massive loss.
  • Options
    i hate it when a you tube link gets posted as it completely messes up the thread.

Feeling very choked watching the news. God bless him. What a man!
  • Options
    There are few people that I would call football legend, he is one.......

Remember when he gave curbs the award at the valley, One of the few people in football I would have liked to have met.
  • Options
    Can only echo the many comments on here. What he must have thought of some of the games so called stars he had to manage towards the end of his career I dread to think but nontheless you would never know it. A true, true gent.