Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trainers - Whats "cool"

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Don't do it Hardy! Get a pair of nice smart Churches or Loakes instead.
  • Options
    white reebok classics, no pub in welling, sidcup bheath or dartford would turn you away wearing such a fine piece of clobber..
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]You cant go wrong with Reebok Classics, pure white, no logos, that's all I wear generally, or I wear black & white converse now & then.

Yuk

Old School Adidas all the way

Gazelle best trainer ever only have 4 pairs in 4 colours

Disgusting both of you....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Don't do it Hardy! Get a pair of nice smarch Churches or Loakes instead.[/quote]

Got the Churches. Not sure what to do with all this info! Perhaps i should dust down my 20 year old Pumas from the loft and use those if "retro".

Someone mentioned Merrells. Are they a good option?

PS Algarve - was staying at the Sheraton Pine Cliffs last week. Near you??
  • Options
    Only pure white Reebok classics, nothing with large logos or coloured stripes or flashes allowed.

reebok-newport-classic.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Get yourself some bright pink and lime green Nike 6.0s and she'll never comment on your attire again.
  • Options
    Plain white Adidas, Nike or Reeboks and you can not go wrong

stay away from the old git choices from Henners the man wears cardi's FFS ;-)

dont follow the converse route not a good look IMO
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    dont follow the converse route not a good look IMO

too jazzy?
  • Options
    Get a pair of Lonsdales, yeah people will know they only cost £15 but does that really bother you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    my current crop are adidas gazelle vintage (ruby/white), asics onitsuka tiger 66 (white, blue and red), nike tennis classics (white/green) and adidas forest hills (white, yellow and gold).

gazelle vintage
  • Options
    Trainers aint cool ... CROCS are
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Trainers aint cool ... CROCS are

Only with knee high socks
  • Options
    people who use the word cool aren't - fact.
  • Options
    Coolio ....
  • Options
    Word.
  • Options
    Adidas are the nuts! :0)
  • Options
    Dunlop Green flash are the way forward. Cool and inexpensive.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]So true. In fact any white trainers or at any age

Campers work for older discerning man.

Cool, comfortable and prohibitively expensive so you never see them being sold for £15 in Sports Direct.

http://shop.camper.com/productos.xhtml?color=COLORESC14&lng=en&type=M&color=COLORESC11

Dude do these come with calipers or do you have to buy them separately? ;-)
  • Options
    Anyway my choice would be Adidas Gazzelles (just bought myself a ginger suade pair today, fecking awesome!) have a blue suade pair of originals, awesome. Also as Les Says says Adidas Forest hills (white yellow and gold amazing trainers my fave i love mine) but any colour of these original trainer. Also Diadora Borg Elite gold if poss, but my blue stripe are an absolute masterpiece too!! Oh lord i love this thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gola in black.

Very retro, and classic. Mine are ancient - once scored ten goals in them in a training match, and I'm cr@p. Had a soft spot for them ever since.
  • Options
    k-swiss for me
  • Options
    Yes Hardy, just up the road -we are in Albufeira. I could have shown you what decent footwear looks like too if you had known... :-D
  • Options
    New Member …… first posting …… beeeeeeee gentle

Personally have always though open sandals were the in thing for day wear!
    Plimsolls, ideal for sporting activities!
    And Flip Flops set off a dinner suit a treat!
  • Options
    I wear North Face walking shoes all the time. Look like trainers and are very comfortable.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I wear North Face walking shoes all the time. Look like trainers and are very comfortable.[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_504167][ul][div]North face walkers.jpg[/div][/ul][/div][/quote]

Thats more what i was thinking of. Got to be comfortable for walking. Are there any local shops selling these?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I wear North Face walking shoes all the time. Look like trainers crap and are very comfortable.[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_504167 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]North face walkers.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HardyAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I wear North Face walking shoes all the time. Look like trainers and are very comfortable.[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_504167][ul][div]North face walkers.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Thats more what i was thinking of. Got to be comfortable for walking. Are there any local shops selling these?

Decathalon at Lakeside is the best and cheapest place

[cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I wear North Face walking shoes all the time. Look liket[strike]rainers[/strike]crap and are very comfortable.[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_504167 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]North face walkers.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Do one ;0 ) I'm almost 50 and I don't care what they look like. Comfort is everything
  • Options
    Wearing some blue Kappa's, which remind me of the pumps I used to wear in the 70's. Discriminating daughter has not dissed them yet, so they must be okay. (Have to wear them with some decent Levi's or Ralph Lauren. It's the whole look you know, not just the shoe.) If in doubt, get her to decide.