Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Revenue Ideas

13»

Comments

• Options
    Chizz.......sit down mate, youve been out in the sun too long....

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Chizz.......sit down mate, youve been out in the sun too long....

:-)
    It's an ethical dilemma, isn't it? But should we turn away Spanners, Jills and Stripey Nigels if they want to buy STs?
  • Options
    I shouldnt think they would want to Chizz.....I wouldnt dream of buying one of theirs mate...but thats maybe just me...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]I think there is something in the idea that season ticket holders should be able to bring guests at a cheaper price on occasion, although you'd probably find a lot of the extras were in fact people who were planning to attend anyway and simply linked up with their ST-holding pals to get the ticket for less.
    It's true, but it might get some in that it wouldn't otherwise and it might lead to something else. I went to my first game, against Watford, not long after we were back to the Valley. A mate living locally had got a flyer advertising entry for a fiver so convinced me to go - we may well have gone if it was regular price, which wasn't a lot more in them days. 15-odd years of season tickets later...

Of course that's right and that's the basis of a lot of what we do. I was very much part of that fiver initiative, which was the original Target 10,000 plan.

But within that the challenge is to find the most cost-effective method.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]I shouldnt think they would want to Chizz.....I wouldnt dream of buying one of theirs mate...but thats maybe just me...
    But that's the issue. You, I, most other Charlton fans wouldn't buy a ST at those three clubs. But if we're honestly promoting Charlton as the best place in SE London/Kent to watch football, then we shouldn't be afraid to offer other club's fans the opportunity to taste the atmosphere at The Valley. And if it means we end up with a thousand new half-season ticket holders at the end of the year who all renew next season, that's got to be a good thing. No?
  • Options
    the sentiment yes Chizz.....not sure there would be much take up though mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]the sentiment yes Chizz.....not sure there would be much take up though mate.
    I just put it out there for comment. It's a means of geting - potentially - several hundred/a few thousand football fans in the grouns, hoping some of them will stick, at very little cost.

Personally, I think the bring-a-friend voucher in the ST is a brilliant idea.
  • Options
    the st thing...yep it has legs, the club need to consider this type of thing.....write to the Forum.....Dave or Gary will take up the baton Im sure.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah it's a great idea.

I'm gonna keep thinking and hopefully we'll have a few more suggestions and lively debate and then I'll forward on the ideas to the people who can make it happen.

Another idea, is another VIP scheme to pay back the debt (10 year season tickets etc). My dad got one back in the day so worked out at £100 per season (i think) which was really good towards the end of the ten years only paying £100 for prem football! Obviously a 10yr ST would have to cost a bit more these days - £3k?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Andy Peaked[/cite]Yeah it's a great idea.

I'm gonna keep thinking and hopefully we'll have a few more suggestions and lively debate and then I'll forward on the ideas to the people who can make it happen.

Another idea, is another VIP scheme to pay back the debt (10 year season tickets etc). My dad got one back in the day so worked out at £100 per season (i think) which was really good towards the end of the ten years only paying £100 for prem football! Obviously a 10yr ST would have to cost a bit more these days - £3k?

I think that is the issue. Great for your dad paying £100 for a prem ST. Not so great for the club.

OK the club gets a lot of money upfront but that hurts their long term income.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we get in real problems or even just as a one off earner - might be a daft idea but what about sponsor your own seat idea? one off fee, say £100 you get your name etched into a seat of your choice priority of season ticket holder of the seat, might raise some cash?