Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky Quotes on BBC London:

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
The Addicks have only signed two new players, Miguel Angel Llera from MK Dons and ex-Leeds defender Fraizer Richardson.

"We've got a lot of holes in our squad and I don't want our supporters to think we don't realise that.

"But we are in a very tricky situation and I can't really say too much more than that.

"It's been a difficult summer and I'm sure one day myself and the chairman can explain to people what's been going on."

One day people...one day!

Comments

• Options
    Is that one day soon or one day in the near future? ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Is that one day soon or one day in the near future? ;)

Or One Fine Day
  • Options
    Hopefully that one day isn't far away.
  • Options
    That'll be the day that i die.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be Charlton if it wasn't difficult! Still seems to be that something is nearing completion. i'll hold onto that hope until the OS tells us differently!
  • Options
    Doomsday...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Doomsday...[/quote]

Pretty sure the book was put together in a quicker time than this takeover.....
  • Options
    Cool, are we being taken over ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Cool, are we being taken over ?[/quote]

Yes by a group of Norman warlords.

They are going to close us down and build a castle in the west stand carpark. Apparently it is the ideal site as the pot holes mean there is no need for a moat.
  • Options
    Mervin.................................................. Day?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Although I m not a big fan of parky, I think he has had an exemplary attitude both in respect to the fans and the board, by not giving out information he must of been trusted with and staying put whilst working hard to get the team ready.

Thanks
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Doomsday...

Pretty sure the book was put together in a quicker time than this takeover.....

LOL Maybe the press release will be in Latin
  • Options
    I reckon pre-season Parkinson has been about 50-50, mixed results and performances, mixed credibility in some of the statements he is puported to have come out with. However, Parkinson was at the helm to take us down, and my level of admiration of him will depend on results. (Unless he saves a baby from a burning building or something!)
  • Options
    interesting that he says he played what he thought was the strongest team tonight as well. meaning that if we don't get anyone else in Semedo will be starting in midfield.

I like Semedo but we despereatly need a quick forward to play with Burton we need to be playing 4-4-2 this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]interesting that he says he played what he thought was the strongest team tonight as well. meaning that if we don't get anyone else in Semedo will be starting in midfield.

I like Semedo but we despereatly need a quick forward to play with Burton we need to be playing 4-4-2 this season.

Disagree. With the current players at our disposal we should play 4-5-1. Last night's midfield will dominate a lot of teams this season, and I'm not sure Shelvey is ready to be one of the 2 central midfielders in a 4-4-2. I cannot accept any argument that Dickson/McLeod/Fleetwood should start ahead of any of Sam/Semedo/Shelvey/Bailey/Racon.

Maybe with a new striker we could change things, but still unsure about which 2 central midfielders you'd use in the 4-4-2.
  • Options
    uhmm, if we want to get promoted we need to score goals and lots of 'em, 90+ and frankly I can't see us doing that with only one striker but neither can I see us doing that with two strikers from those currently available. With current personnel we are best suited to 4-5-1 but maybe that will change by the end of August.
  • Options
    Seth wrote :

"Unless he saves a baby from a burning building or something!''

I might even read the OS for a story like that (although it would probably be billed below a story about the new opening hours in the club shop...)
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]uhmm, if we want to get promoted we need to score goals and lots of 'em, 90+
    Last season Leceister scored 84, Peterborough, 74 and Scunthorpe 82.

Millwall scored 63.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]uhmm, if we want to get promoted we need to score goals and lots of 'em, 90+
    Last season Leceister scored 84, Peterborough, 74 and Scunthorpe 82.

Millwall scored 63.

It also helps to be hard to beat and not concede a netful goals.
    Most promotion sides are built on solid defence.

Otherwise we could find ourselves a goal up and winning easily at half time, thinking job nearly done.
    And then get beaten 3-2.

That's how we started the 1972-73 season after relegation, up at Walsall.
    That was a culture shock, I'll tell you!
  • Options
    Walsall and Birmingham is a culture shock anytime OGGY
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    more worried about thr holes in the roof FFS
  • Options
    In the 1980/81 season of blessed memory we only scored 63 goals (conceding 44).
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]In the 1980/81 season of blessed memory we only scored 63 goals (conceding 44).[/quote]

And you saw every one? :-)
  • Options
    The following message was issued by Parkinson in the spot below..........

s w e e t F A
  • Options
    he says he can't say anymore

but surely if you are a shareholder you are entitled to this infomation, and on that basis, does anyone here have shares in the club??
  • Options
    Yep, 1 !
    Haven't heard anything tho'
  • Options
    Groundhog day