Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dickson In League 1

edited July 2009 in General Charlton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUwn4nA2gQ

barr what the user puts up of his own words, this shows he can score in league one tbh and it was for a club what got relegated that season

Comments

• All players look good in YouTube videos. Bougherra and McLeod look like world beaters in their compilations. Dickson has to put in a lot more effort if he's going to be successful for us.
  • Is that Bougherra of one of the better teams in the U.K?

p.s like how you tube vids come up how'd he do that?
  • edited July 2009
    Dickson was given six starts, two of which were upfront on his own before Parky discarded him. He is not wanted. Still McLeod only got one half on his return from injury before he was farmed out on loan. Ditto Fleetwood. Varney was shipped out sharpish, although we got a good price. Waghorn came on loan then was dropped. Burton was bought but then dropped for new loan signing Kandol. Then Kandol was dropped and Burton re-instated. All this while we struggled for goals. Anyone see a pattern here? I predict only Burton still on the books by deadline day, and some mediocre additions, probably loanees, who will get a hand-full of matched to make an impact before earning their wages sitting on the bench.
  • yep AG we have an uncanny ability to sign really crap strikers
  • Then Kandol was dropped and Burton re-instated.

Was Kandol not playind absolutely dreadful - worse even than burton as soon as he scored a couple he then got worse!

Criticising Parky has to stop soon as we'll get promoted and you lot will still say - "we only got promoted cos it was a weak league....."
  • if parky can get us back to where he started 3rd bottom of the championship then he'll have done really well
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]yep AG we have an uncanny ability to sign really crap strikers[/quote]

That wasn't my point oohaah, they aren't being given enough time to know their team mate's names let alone strike up a partnership. We are not playing to their strengths. When did we last see strikers chasing into space towards the corner flag and getting in behind defences? All our strikers are under 6ft, why lump it up to them? Pace scares any defender, we have bundles of it, but don't make it count.
  • i understand what you're saying AG but i just don't think dickson or mcleod will do it for us not even at this level haven't seen fleetwood and burton is the best of a bad bunch imo
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Criticising Parky has to stop soon as we'll get promoted and you lot will still say - "we only got promoted cos it was a weak league....."

The popular choice is to say Parky has shown he's not up to Championship football. So we can criticize him even if we win the league.

As for Dickson, McLeod and Fleetwood, none of them are that good. I don't think it's a case of us not wanting Dickson, it's that he's not good enough to start.