Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pigeons outside my window at 5.30 am chanting "United"

edited July 2009 in Not Sports Related
This has been going on for about 2 weeks now and it's bad enough that the club is in a mess but each morning to be woken up by about 3 ( I'm guessing but it's deffo more than 1) pigeons chanting what sounds like a cooing rendition of "United United" is too much. :-(
The problem now when I wake up is that although I know it is just a couple of pigeons warbling to their mates, in my sleep deprived head it STILL SOUNDS like effing " United, united" and it goes on for about 10 minutes until an equally considerate neighbour bangs his car door on his way to work and frightens the little bastards away.

Sleepless of Maidstone

Comments

• Options
    The strangest thread title of the year goes to....
  • Options
    Borrow a cat, or a shot gun.
  • Options
    Oh the trials and tribulations of an artiste.
  • Options
    No need to get in a flap about it
  • Options
    Problem will soon fly over.
  • Options
    i know exactly what you mean it does sound like that!

the lad upstairs put some spikes outside the top window and they'v stopped perching - havent had any united since that day.
  • Options
    Do they have a pecking order?
  • Options
    Bicarb of soda wrapped in bread. Messy but explosive.
  • Options
    You'd be more worried if they started singing Mambo No 5
  • Options
    Curb it I'm so glad to hear someone else knows what I mean! :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Since I saw the film Finding Nemo, everytime the seagulls go mad outside our house I am convinced they are saying 'mine, mine, mine, mine'

Drives me nuts!!!!!!
  • Options
    Are you sure they're pigeons and not collared doves? According to my book, pigeons call in 5 syllables "ru-ghu-gu gu-gu" and doves in 3 "gu-ghu-gu". So the 3-syllable doves could be calling "U-ni-ted" and the 5-syllable pigeons could be calling "Charl-ton Ath-le-tic"!

But maybe that wouldn't be much consolation at 3.00am.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sevensix[/cite]Are you sure they're pigeons and not collared doves? According to my book, pigeons call in 5 syllables "ru-ghu-gu gu-gu" and doves in 3 "gu-ghu-gu". So the 3-syllable doves could be calling "U-ni-ted" and the 5-syllable pigeons could be calling "Charl-ton Ath-le-tic"!

But maybe that wouldn't be much consolation at 3.00am.

You have too much time on your hands.
  • Options
    soak some wheat in vodka, and when they fall over blind drunk pick em up....simplesssss
  • Options
    Vodka explosives and shotguns all good solutions everyone ;-)
    The most frustrating bit about it is that the little bleeders do it intermittently but just enough to keep you from going back to sleep. I find myself laying there almost waiting for the next "united" so I can tut and bang my head on the pillow.
    The missus also hears them but says they're "just pigeons."
    They know nothing about football do they? ;-)

Ah my medication is here ......