Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Rose - Bexleyheath

WSSWSS
edited July 2009 in Not Sports Related
Hi guys

I know some of you go into The Rose and may know the charasmatic Johnny Harvey who ran the pub there (and the Salutation in Dartford years ago). John has had some serious health problems of the past couple of months I am sorry to say that he passed away this morning.

Personally, i've known him since the year dot and it was in recent years that he became part of my family when his son Simon married my aunt.

RIP John.

Comments

• That's a real shame, I knew he was ill but then he spent most of the time I knew him complaining about some ailment or other! RIP.
  • Very sad news, use the Rose a fair bit and more so during the football season. Like Heath Hero says, I knew he was ill.

RIP John
  • Was john the big guy who was bald with glasses and ran the place for years? Always seemed a decent fella if it was him, used the pub fairly regularly until a few years ago and although I am sure he barred us at some stage, I would of barred myself looking back. Seem to remember a few years back that he had his hands bandaged up for months after falling out with the wrong people, if he is the guy I am thinking of.RIP
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Was john the big guy who was bald with glasses and ran the place for years?
    Thats the fella mate.
  • That's a shame, nice bloke. If you still go/went in there recently you might know Chris a fellow Addick who was/is going out with one of the barmaids? Actually I prob know you, but not your handle.