Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Out them - Players that MUST NOT play on Saturday

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
I give you Traore, Faye and Rommedahl. On the cusp, Thomas and M.Bent.

Give Holland the armband. Start Sam (at least he wanted the ball) and Nathan Ashton at left back. Give Rurik Gislason a place on the bench.

Hopefully, with Reid back we'll have something that looks like a Charlton XI take to the field on Saturday.

Comments

• Options
    Holland has had a clean pair of shorts at god knows how many games this year. I wouldnt say he should be there. Rather see Hughes and Kish tbh
  • Options
    He has got to try something different. If Weston/ Rurik Gislason etc do not appear in some shape or form on Saturday then Reed is basically saying that they are no better than the crap he is selecting.
  • Options
    No problem with Kish or Hughes. Back to the Charlton we know.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]I give you Traore, Faye and Rommedahl. On the cusp, Thomas and M.Bent.

Start Sam (at least he wanted the ball) and Nathan Ashton at left back. Give Rurik Gislason a place on the bench.

give reid the armband - least he seems to care
    also poss try and get some1 from the academy to feature aswell (bassey/simmonds/arter/wright/springer), they've gotta do betta than the heartless lazy arrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh we've got at the moment
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]No problem with Kish or Hughes. Back to the Charlton we know.

Agree with that - Reid is out until January by the sounds of it so I think we have to go for Holland, Hughes and Kishishev (hopefully he will be fit).

I never want to see Faye, Traore, Diawarra or JFH ever again.
    And I pray that we say goodbye to Les this week and get in a proper manager.
  • Options
    Dont agree about Diawara but definately Faye, Traore & JFH. Wasnt there last night but at least when he came on against Liverpool you could tell he was interested.

Would play Romm as well, as busy as Sam is its a waste at the end of the day. Romm isnt the type of player to get stuck in and cause problems so I dont know why people expect him to be.

Without Reid who's gonna create chances? Gotta play a defensive 4-5-1 but give Romm & Ambrose (If no Reid) the ability to go forward and not have to track back.
  • Options
    Wasn't Faye getting good reviews when Dowie was here?
  • Options
    yeah he was looking ok, was improving then got few weeks out with injury and has been below woefull last 2 months
  • Options
    but don't you just know that Borat, HH, Faye, Diawara, Traore, JFH & Marcus Bent will all comfortably feature on Saturday

the players are picking the team not Reed
  • Options
    we have little other options, that is the problem.

Of the team that finished the match last night, that was every single attacking player we possess at the club, bar Lisbie.

There is currently little that can be changed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i know what you mean Smudge but there are certain players who are just not interested/capable - i would rather see kids or players out of position than the likes of Faye strolling around picking up their £10k+ every week

the only senior players who truly represent CAFC in my book at the moment are Carson, Reid, Holland, Kishishev, D Bent (only just) & Myrhe - the rest are a waste
  • Options
    bit harsh on thomas, he hadnt played in a while and you could tell.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]bit harsh on thomas, he hadnt played in a while and you could tell.

The problem with JT is that he thinks he is 10 times better than the good premiership players, he probably thought he was Ronaldinho compared to Wycombe and he's not.

Do the simple stuff first and then work on your flicks etc
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Gislason has been told to bulk up or ship out, apparently the Charlton coaching staff view him as unsuited for the English game (why sign him in the first place).
  • Options
    that's a shame Steinsson, i know first hand he is highly thought of from Icelandic coaches.

Welcome to the site by the way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steinsson[/cite]Gislason has been told to bulk up or ship out, apparently the Charlton coaching staff view him as unsuited for the English game (why sign him in the first place).

What do they mean by unsuited.....like Rommerdahl maybe.

The only way to know if he's unsuited is to play him.

We're going to look really stupid if we see him in The Champions League soon having a stormer.