Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who the hell do those septics think they are

giving our Becks stick.

COME HOME BECKS

Comments

• Options
    Americans say soccer. Says it all. Ignore it. He went for the money & now knows he made a mistake. He 'll be back in Italy in his armani trollies soon.
  • Options
    Having said all that, those fans do have a valid point. I think we'd all feel the same...Becks has treated their club badly.
  • Options
    Americans pah who cares take there money and runs Becks
  • Options
    At the end of the day after being told he had no international future by MacLaren he did what was best for him and his family (and brand beckham). If MacLaren had said keep playing at high level, and you will be considered he would never have gone to America.
    Having said that i do understand where the fans are coming from, but I dont blame Becks for what he feels he has had to do.
  • Options
    You lot won't be saying that when AEG buy the Club : - )
  • Options
    Henry, can we have lids on our Starbucks when AEG takeover??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Having said all that, those fans do have a valid point. I think we'd all feel the same...Becks has treated their club badly.
    Spot on, lets not let their nationality influence our opinion...
  • Options
    He hasn't treated them that badly always puts in 100% effort whoever he plays for and he is fighting to keep his England career alive as he is so proud of it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Having said all that, those fans do have a valid point. I think we'd all feel the same...Becks has treated their club badly.
    Spot on, lets not let their nationality influence our opinion...

No! Let their nationality influence our opinion!

They are septics, they don't have equal rights to the rest of the world!

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]He hasn't treated them that badly always puts in 100% effort whoever he plays for and he is fighting to keep his England career alive as he is so proud of it!

Turn it up. It was made quite clear to Beckham that the club/team was being built around him - that is why the club agreed to make him the highest paid player in the country by a factor of about 100 times.

How does he repay their investment? By engineering a move back to Europe not much more than a year into his contract so he could get back in the England side.

The plain facts are that Beckham wanted the good side of the US move (heaps of money, great PR, a chance for Skeletor to "break" the American market) but did not want the bad side - being excluded from the England side because he was playing park football.

He signed the deal and took the adulation from the fans and then thinks he can just up and leave? I don't think it works like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beckham only went there because his wife told him to.

She wanted to be part of the Hollywood set.
  • Options
    Beckham modern footballing Legend - England through and through - Greedy sod that realised he'd made a wrong decision that's all he knows his future lays in L.A bu his present is in England and Europe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Beckham modern footballing Legend - England through and through - Greedy sod that realised he'd made a wrong decision that's all he knows his future lays in L.A bu his present is in England and Europe.
    No offence Dazzler but everyone to you is a legend. No doubt if you ever drop an ace you'll dance around the bog screaming legend.
  • Options
    It's Paddy Powell and the New England Tea Men all over again.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Having said all that, those fans do have a valid point. I think we'd all feel the same...Becks has treated their club badly.[/quote]
    Spot on. If we signed a star player and he then engineered a loan move to a bigger club and was reported in the press as wanting to not return, I doubt we'd be waiting for him with open arms. Almost the opposite to what KBLS says I think it's good that this shows that there are at least pockets of US fans that understand the game.

The Sons of Ben is a great quirky football supporting organisation over there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Ben_(MLS_supporters_association)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    My list of TRUE Legends are as follows

George Best - Everything except the Booze!
    Derek Hales - What he did for us
    Alan Curbs - What he did for us!
    Darren Bent - For Charlton ONLY
    Chris Powell - His whole career!
    David Beckham - His whole career

Wow 6 Legends lol nice one! I just mention them alot!

If i have ever called others legend's I apologise dependant on who they are they are not Legends these are my TRUE Legends (not even Matty Holland gets in to the TRUE legends)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]He hasn't treated them that badly always puts in 100% effort whoever he plays for and he is fighting to keep his England career alive as he is so proud of it!

Turn it up. It was made quite clear to Beckham that the club/team was being built around him - that is why the club agreed to make him the highest paid player in the country by a factor of about 100 times.

How does he repay their investment? By engineering a move back to Europe not much more than a year into his contract so he could get back in the England side.

The plain facts are that Beckham wanted the good side of the US move (heaps of money, great PR, a chance for Skeletor to "break" the American market) but did not want the bad side - being excluded from the England side because he was playing park football.

He signed the deal and took the adulation from the fans and then thinks he can just up and leave? I don't think it works like that.

Absolutely agree with that. He talked the talk when he signed for the Galaxy, being part of something big, helping soccer grow in the US, and he got paid a ridiculous amount. In some ways not his fault that his situation changed after he signed but it's definitely not US soccer's either, he made a commitment. Also think he was an idiot approaching a fan like that and getting involved, and I really like him! I don't think a US soccer league will ever really take off, firstly it's too hot over there in the summer, and secondly any of their best players will always want to come to Europe to play, you think Landon Donovan would turn down AC Milan over the Galaxy if he ever had a chance?
  • Options
    European Soccerball is far superior and I believe if a player such as Beckham is playing for AC Milan part of the year and Galaxy the other part and manages to stay in the england squad well done to him! Galaxy stop whinging Becks stop retaliating and AC stop stirring it - sorted.
  • Options
    Huge Mexican population in California...................... crying out for top flight football/soccer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    Spot on. If we signed a star player and he then engineered a loan move to a bigger club and was reported in the press as wanting to not return, I doubt we'd be waiting for him with open arms.

didn't di canio sign a contract extension with us before he wanted out to lazio?
    i think he would recieve a heroes welcome back to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Shite sorry Friend or Defoe add DiCanio to my list - ok so there are a few on my list!
  • Options
    Who FOD D ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Huge Mexican population in California[/quote]
    The whole thing was in Mexico until relatively recently, I think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Who FOD D ?
    Correct, told you he had low standards!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Who FOD D ?
    it's friend or defoe P.

Who has low standards FOD?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Beckham modern footballing Legend - England through and through - Greedy sod that realised he'd made a wrong decision that's all he knows his future lays in L.A bu his present is in England and Europe.
    No offence Dazzler but everyone to you is a legend. No doubt if you everdrop an aceyou'll dance around the bog screaming legend.

Dazzler you been sussed by Curious George, lol
  • Options
    What PBS said,
    it was what i was thinking as i read this thread
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]What PBS said,
    it was what i was thinking as i read this thread

Not quite the same thing, really. Di Canio came to us at 35 years old and to play as a "cherry on the cake" player - we all knew he was not going to do more than two seasons at very most with us.

We were never building the club around him and he actually took a massive pay cut to join us.

Plus, of course, he was Italian and Lazio were his team so he wanted to play for them before he retired.
  • Options
    Oh seriously, some of you on here.

Sure, we wouldn't be happy if someone turned up at our gaff giving it the biggun then disappearinfg off - Danny Murphy anyone? - but like it or not< that's football> Too late to start bleating about it now - the fact that you're on here reading my rantings is proof enough of the power and lure of the game.

Anyway< I'm sure the man is REALLY cut up about what "we" think on here.