Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell to become coach

edited July 2009 in Rumours
At Leicster, says he wants to become manager one day. Really hope he does well and makes it as a good manager one day, who knows valley return for Chris?

http://www.leicestercity-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=454213

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Chris!
  • Options
    Would love him coaching at our place at some point in the future. He'll always insipre with his energy, positivity and passion for the beautiful game.

Will watch with interest....
  • Options
    Good luck to him as mentioned would love to see him do his stuff back at Charlton
  • Options
    Perhaps too nice a person to make some of the tough decisions needed with a managers hat on. Sure to be an inspiring coach I'd guess, particularly for youngsters, and would play the game the right way. You could not imagine Chris telling his defenders to get it upfield quickly.
  • Options
    See, I would have thought Keith Peacock was too nice to be a manager, but he did pretty well at Gillingham didn't he?
  • Options
    Would love to see him back but only once he's earned his badges and done a bit, what we don't need is another ex-player-turned coach whose best credential is that he 'talks Charlton'
  • Options
    you missed the word driver off the top of this thread!
  • Options
    Having Mr Powell around would be a real tonic at the moment.
  • Options
    I REALLY miss him
  • Options
    imo having sir chris at the helm seems more like the 'romantic' option for some fans - the (fairytale) story of a much loved ex-charlton player in all his stints who returns to the club as manager, steady's the ship and steers us back to the promised land (the premier league), putting him in god-like status alongside curbs.

In the real world, unproven as a manager, too much of a gamble for me if he took the job in our current position. We've already had one ex-charlton player f*ck up as manager recently, would hate to see it happen to him.