Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forest splashing the cash!

I see Billy Davies is quietly going about re-shaping his squad for this season with some useful acquisitions.

David McGoldrick - Saints (undisclosed)
Paul Anderson - Liverpool (£250,000)
Chris Gunter - Spurs (£1.75 m)
Paul McKenna - Preston (£750,000)

and now looking set to sign Dexter Blackstock from QPR for £1.6 m. Could be a good bet for a top six finish this season.

Comments

• Options
    Solid looking signings those and just goes to show how ridiculously over inflated the fees we were paying for Pardew's hordes of League 1 and 2 players were.

I said at the time we sacked Pardew we should have got Davies in pronto because he was a good manager who was out of work and represented a good long term bet even if he couldn't keep us up. I guess the bridges had been burnt between him and the board though when he turned us down before Dowie.

Another 'what might have been' to add to the list.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]I see Billy Davies is quietly going about re-shaping his squad for this season with some useful acquisitions.
    That's a magic signing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Solid looking signings those and just goes to show how ridiculously over inflated the fees we were paying for Pardew's hordes of League 1 and 2 players were.

I said at the time we sacked Pardew we should have got Davies in pronto because he was a good manager who was out of work and represented a good long term bet even if he couldn't keep us up. I guess the bridges had been burnt between him and the board though when he turned us down before Dowie.

Another 'what might have been' to add to the list.

I don't think it can be classed as a "what might have been", because it was never going to happen.

McGoldrick is a quality signing, don't know about the rest of them.
  • Options
    Blackstock has always looked a good striker to me

2 nice finishes (one with his head, one foot) at Loftus Rd in Parky's first game in charge

mind you, Hudson AWOL for both of them...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    I don't think it can be classed as a "what might have been", because it was never going to happen.

McGoldrick is a quality signing, don't know about the rest of them.

Davies MIGHT have taken the job in the first place when Curbs left and he and the board MIGHT have put their differences behind them last Christmas.

There are very few things in life that you can say will never happen, with absolute certainity.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite] Could be a good bet for a top six finish this season.

I really do hope not. The Forest fans I know are the most deluded around. Every midly positive sign is seen as another step forwards towards further European glory (they won the European Cup twice you know!).

If they take 6 points from the first 2 games I guarantee you every pub/bar will be showing videos of Trevor Francis stooping to head home against Malmo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]I see Billy Davies is quietly going about re-shaping his squad for this season with some useful acquisitions.
    That's a magic signing.

I thought he was a hypnotist
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Solid looking signings those and just goes to show how ridiculously over inflated the fees we were paying for Pardew's hordes of League 1 and 2 players were.

Another 'what might have been' to add to the list.[/quote]

Even if he'd kept us up he wouldn't have been spending that sort of money now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Solid looking signings those and just goes to show how ridiculously over inflated the fees we were paying for Pardew's hordes of League 1 and 2 players were.

I said at the time we sacked Pardew we should have got Davies in pronto because he was a good manager who was out of work and represented a good long term bet even if he couldn't keep us up.

I guess the bridges had been burnt .......

And the chequebook.

In fact, we haven't paid a transfer fee since Pardew signed Bailey.
    All our signings since Pardew was fired have been free transfers.