Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help! Advice sought about Bickley

JVLJVL
edited July 2009 in Not Sports Related
I've lived in Bickley for 6 days now and I'm lost. The Chislehurst thread was fascinating, but could I respectfully ask two questions?

1. Is there a pub here that'll be showing the cricket and serves a good lunch?
2. Is there a curry house anywhere round here that comes close to the magnificent Everest Inn in Blackheath? (The Tamasha doesn't count, my mortgage won't go any bigger).

Thanks in advance

JVL

Comments

• (Sir) Henry Irving is the man to ask.
    ;-)
  • Henry lives there so will be able to answer better than me.

1. I think the Bird in Hand (infamous for the mass stabbing there last year ;-) ) fits the bill for this one, otherwise there should be plenty in Bromley.

2. In Petts Wood there's a place called Little India which is decent and a hell of a lot cheaper than Tamasha. There's quite a few rubys in Bromley, but the one near the cinema is probably closed now as it's window has been smashed in.

There's even a place called the Bromley Spice!
    10505313.jpg&size=4&hl=en
  • Try The oak pub at widmore green for cricket/lunch,there is a curry house in tylney road widmore green end not Holmsdale road side.Cant think of any oher option other than popping into Bromley or Chiselhurst.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    2. In Petts Wood there's a place called Little India which is decent and a hell of a lot cheaper than Tamasha. There's quite a few rubys in Bromley, but the one near the cinema is probably closed now as it's window has been smashed in.
    quote]

One round the corner of Station Square is better, oppersite Memorial Halls. So good I cant remember its nane.
  • as badger said the Oak. Has dodgy sky for footie as well.
    Been done up and quite a nice pub even if the crowd are a bit mature.

Popadom in tylney road is very good local indian. Im no expert but local friends swear by end. Shampan (sp) in chatterton rd meant to be good

Working mens club in Tylney road has a big screen but you will need a CIU caed or know some one.
  • edited July 2009
    and there is a really active Bromley addicks group which you can join. Lots of good guests.

Meet at the working mens club. Lots of other lifers at meetings as well.

Where in Bickley are you?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]I've lived in Bickley for 6 days now and I'm lost. The Chislehurst thread was fascinating, but could I respectfully ask two questions?

2. Is there a curry house anywhere round here that comes close to the magnificent Everest Inn in Blackheath? (The Tamasha doesn't count, my mortgage won't go any bigger).

Thanks in advance

JVL[/quote]

I don't know much about Bickley, but I hear there's a clique associated with the place. Ask nicely and you'll get an invite to the meetings along with instructions on the secret handshake, but be careful, there's an omerta arrangement with this group, you are allowed to say even less about what goes on and is discussed than the board of directors are about the takeover.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]I've lived in Bickley for 6 days now and I'm lost. The Chislehurst thread was fascinating, but could I respectfully ask two questions?

Thanks in advance

JVL

I don't know much about Bickley, but I hear there's a clique associated with the place. Ask nicely and you'll get an invite to the meetings along with instructions on the secret handshake, but be careful, there's an omerta arrangement with this group, you are allowed to say even less about what goes on and is discussed than the board of directors are about the takeover.

All True.
    FACT.
  • [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

One round the corner of Station Square is better, oppersite Memorial Halls. So good I cant remember its nane.
    Barabar, i should give that place a go.
  • Raj Moni at Plaistow Green(Plaistow Lane)....about 300 yards past Sundridge Park Station....not exactly spitting distance but well worth the extra few minutes walk/drive.
    Recommend The Railway Lamb....superb!
  • Sponsored links:

• First rule about Bickley, dont mention Bickley
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Henry lives there so will be able to answer better than me.

1. I think the Bird in Hand (infamous for the mass stabbing there last year ;-) ) fits the bill for this one, otherwise there should be plenty in Bromley.

There's even a place called the Bromley Spice!
    10505313.jpg&size=4&hl=en

Little India is lovely The Royal in Chislehurst is even better.
  • Thanks all. What's the second rule about Bickley? Oh.

Tried Shampan last night, not impressed. Will give SoundAs's suggestion a go next.

I'm one road from you, Sir Henry. Hawthorne.

I'm aware that Bromley SC has a special code of honour. I thought you had to be a ninja to join it actually. I'll have to get along, as City Addicks always seem to meet on a Wednesday which I can't do. Is it true that Bromley branch have already been advised of the outcome of the takeover?
  • [cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]Thanks all. What's the second rule about Bickley? Oh.

Tried Shampan last night, not impressed. Will give SoundAs's suggestion a go next.

I'm aware that Bromley SC has a special code of honour. I thought you had to be a ninja to join it actually. I'll have to get along, as City Addicks always seem to meet on a Wednesday which I can't do. Is it true that Bromley branch have already been advised of the outcome of the takeover?

We at Bromley Addicks are always the first to know the 'big' news!
    Going back to Bickley...it's a pretty quiet area...not much goes on there to tell the truth but then that's it's attraction really....nice and peaceful.
  • [cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite] Is it true that Bromley branch have already been advised of the outcome of the takeover?

We are the takeover!
  • [cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]

I'm the other side of Bickley in Widmore Lodge Rd but not that far away.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]quote]

Going back to Bickley...it's a pretty quiet area...not much goes on there to tell the truth but then that's it's attraction really....nice and peaceful.
    Except for the two muder attempts a few months back right?
  • [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]quote]

Except for the two muder attempts a few months back right?

One murder and one attempted murder actually
  • I'd actually still call that relatively quiet compared to getting broken into 3 times in 7 weeks at my previous place in Kidbrooke Grove in May and June.

By the third time, I'd have done more than attempt it.

Nice and peaceful will do for us...
  • [cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]I'd actually still call that relatively quiet compared to getting broken into 3 times in 7 weeks at my previous place in Kidbrooke Grove in May and June.

By the third time, I'd have done more than attempt it.

Nice and peaceful will do for us...

So you'd rather get killed than broken into.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]Is it true that Bromley branch have already been advised of the outcome of the takeover?

We are the takeover!

I've just been appointed fitness coach :-)
  • edited July 2009
    Generally it is quiet although there is crime and violence like just about anywhere.

Should be a Bromley Addicks meeting in early September and despite what BFR might think nearly all of them are open to anyone and on the record. Shame there is no whisper function on Charlton Life otherwise people like BFR could have found out what is said at the rare meetings that aren't.

Anyway come along and say hello. If not I might see you down the Oak one night.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]Is it true that Bromley branch have already been advised of the outcome of the takeover?

We are the takeover!

I've just been appointed fitness coach :-)

Good idea, get on those exercise bikes or end up looking like Addickted. Works for me ; - )