Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forest Green - Match Thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2017

Forest Green is proof that is doesn't matter where a club/team is situated, it's how much cash the owner is prepared to inject in the search for success .. I suspect that Vince, the owner, has become rich through public subsidies for green energy
    .. there are plans afoot for an all wooden 'vegan' stadium .. should be interesting

you would of thought that having an all wooden stand it would go against health and safety? what with the Bradford fire. I don't know if there is a rule in the football league for this though. I guess as long as its up to regulations it doesn't matter. (probably answered my own question)
    Fire retardent wood is pretty common now days. Whilst good intentioned you do have to question whether it is actually that sustainable. Once you take into account the chemicals needed to fireproof something plus the enormous additional transport and production costs. There have been studies that have said as much. Many of these projects that intend to be sustainable/eco friendly end up having the same or even slightly larger environmental costs. And often much worse impact on conservation. Which is my one big bug bear with these things. They mean well but get caught up in the details 'this material produces less c02 to build with than this one' but it comes from a rain forest and there is a significant loss of ecosystem. It has to be shipped halfway round the world which more than covers the lower C02 and there are chemical byproducts of making it safe to use which are released into more ecosystems. But it makes one individual feel better about themselves so you can't criticise.

I don't know the details of the plans for their stadium but it is often the way it goes...
    very good post .. one of Newton's laws states that for every action there is an equal opposite reaction, if you get my drift .. thus for every good intention there is a cost to someone else.
    Vince is a very good self publicist with political ambitions, he's now 'come out' as a mate of Jezza Corbyn ((:>)

Actually that last part isn't true. As is often the case with politics, parties like to position themselves with people of the moment, but the relationship isn't what the Labour party would lead you to believe. I know Vince has met them and likes some of their policies but he isn't exactly in bed with them. He has donated money to Labour, but the Lib Dems and Greens have also received money from him.

Say what you want about him, he has brought jobs to our area and is keen to invest locally. Ecotricity are one of the largest employers in this area. The new stadium is to be part of a massive green technology complex and could bring a further 4000 jobs for the local people and will also add money to the local coffers. Vince has even bought up some of our buildings that would otherwise have gone to rack and ruin and has or is in the process of transforming them into additional admin sites for his business.
  • Options

Forest Green is proof that is doesn't matter where a club/team is situated, it's how much cash the owner is prepared to inject in the search for success .. I suspect that Vince, the owner, has become rich through public subsidies for green energy
    .. there are plans afoot for an all wooden 'vegan' stadium .. should be interesting

you would of thought that having an all wooden stand it would go against health and safety? what with the Bradford fire. I don't know if there is a rule in the football league for this though. I guess as long as its up to regulations it doesn't matter. (probably answered my own question)
    Fire retardent wood is pretty common now days. Whilst good intentioned you do have to question whether it is actually that sustainable. Once you take into account the chemicals needed to fireproof something plus the enormous additional transport and production costs. There have been studies that have said as much. Many of these projects that intend to be sustainable/eco friendly end up having the same or even slightly larger environmental costs. And often much worse impact on conservation. Which is my one big bug bear with these things. They mean well but get caught up in the details 'this material produces less c02 to build with than this one' but it comes from a rain forest and there is a significant loss of ecosystem. It has to be shipped halfway round the world which more than covers the lower C02 and there are chemical byproducts of making it safe to use which are released into more ecosystems. But it makes one individual feel better about themselves so you can't criticise.

I don't know the details of the plans for their stadium but it is often the way it goes...
    very good post .. one of Newton's laws states that for every action there is an equal opposite reaction, if you get my drift .. thus for every good intention there is a cost to someone else.
    Vince is a very good self publicist with political ambitions, he's now 'come out' as a mate of Jezza Corbyn ((:>)

Actually that last part isn't true. As is often the case with politics, parties like to position themselves with people of the moment, but the relationship isn't what the Labour party would lead you to believe. I know Vince has met them and likes some of their policies but he isn't exactly in bed with them. He has donated money to Labour, but the Lib Dems and Greens have also received money from him.

Say what you want about him, he has brought jobs to our area and is keen to invest locally. Ecotricity are one of the largest employers in this area. The new stadium is to be part of a massive green technology complex and could bring a further 4000 jobs for the local people and will also add money to the local coffers. Vince has even bought up some of our buildings that would otherwise have gone to rack and ruin and has or is in the process of transforming them into additional admin sites for his business.
    I wasn't disputing the impact on the local community or jobs or economic benefits or even his intentions. I was simply questioning whether the green stadium concept is actually as green as it is made out. With these things it's often the case that they're not..
  • Options

I wasn't disputing the impact on the local community or jobs or economic benefits or even his intentions. I was simply questioning whether the green stadium concept is actually as green as it is made out. With these things it's often the case that they're not..
    I wasn't replying to you mate. I don't know enough about the plans to comment :smile: