Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forest Green - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Personally I think Aaron Green is better.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Quote Scoham:"Was the little number 11 a starting player or sub?".

I think it was Davisson. He came on as a late substitute and looked like he could turn into a useful little player.

Yeah sounds like it probably was.
  • Options
    Good day out yesterday,nice little ground,good beer and food while watching the cricket,quite an interesting team selection,the trialist Brown at centre back had an absolute mare even if as the O/S says he was suffering from a virus i doubt if we will see him again.

Spring in midfield wasn't much cop but i thought Mambo & Davisson looked good when they came on...will be interesting to see what happens with regards to strikers as correct me if im wrong the ones we've got have scored less than 10 goals between them.
  • Options
    Charlton were truly awful, with the defence constantly hitting the ball long. Surely this must be the coach’s instruction. Not helped by the fact that Spring was dire, and barely found a red shirt all match. The other negative was Jon Fortune who was yards slower than his marker. Will he get his pace back?

Positive moments were the kids, Basey and Mambo tightened up the backline considerably and Davidson made some good runs on the left. The strikers were starved of service, but Fleetwood was disappointing, never putting himself about much. The main threat was Randolph’s pin-point goal kicks onto Izzy head and flick on to Dicko.

It is a beautiful part of the world, but Sledge’s campsite turned out to be a field with a portaloo so I booked in at the local pub.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]match. The other negative was Jon Fortune who was yards slower than his Will he get his pace back?

First run out of any kind for 6 months after what could've been a career threatening injury. You'll be fitter yourself than Fortune at the moment, so I'd give him a little more time to get fitness and matches under his belt.
  • Options
    Mart 77/ Stubley- The OS have now admitted they got their Aaron Browns mixed up. The Gillingham version is a 5'10" midfielder, the Reading/Yeovil version a 6'4" centre-back. The guy who played Saturday was deffo the latter.

Good job the OS have us to put them right eh?!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]

It is a beautiful part of the world, but Sledge’s campsite turned out to be a field with a portaloo so I booked in at the local pub.[/quote]

Very sorry about that. Never been there myself but several people recommended it.
  • Options
    Ten minutes away from being a league team
  • Options
    Nailsworth now the smallest town/village with a football league club.

• Options
    First goal was lovely
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017
    The combined capacity of the village's two football grounds is larger than the population.
  • Options
    They're now my closest league club. Here's hoping we get them in the cup. Or just play them when we're relegated next year.
  • Options
    Fully vegan food there from next season
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Fully vegan food there from next season

I'm pretty sure it's fully vegan already. I went to one game this year and had to have a veggie burger before hand in the club bar!
  • Options
    Forest Green are my local side and I've watched them 5-6 times this season so really pleased to see them get promoted. They've been close over the past few years but it's a hell of a league to get out of. I wasn't there today but have friends/colleagues that were, I'll speak to them tomorrow no doubt.

In terms of the food, it's already all vegan I think, or at the very least all vegetarian, it has been for a few years. Dale Vince the Chairman/owner is a big time eco warrior and has built up an extremely profitable business with Ecotricity and has used some of that money to fund FGR's rise. You should see the plans for the new stadium, it's going to be entirely built of wood and sustainable materials and it looks amazing.
  • Options
    I went to the pre-season there which was part of the Fleetwood deal. Decent ground even before rebuild and lovely town and pubs.
  • Options
    Thank god Tranmere didnt come back up... the thought of them being just one League away would give me nightmares for the rest of the season, seen enough 1-1 bore draws between the two sides to last me a lifetime
  • Options

I went to the pre-season there which was part of the Fleetwood deal. Decent ground even before rebuild and lovely town and pubs.

really like Nailsworth town. the area around it is beautiful as well. quite mad that a place like that will be hosting League football.
  • Options
    Forest Green is proof that is doesn't matter where a club/team is situated, it's how much cash the owner is prepared to inject in the search for success .. I suspect that Vince, the owner, has become rich through public subsidies for green energy
    .. there are plans afoot for an all wooden 'vegan' stadium .. should be interesting
  • Options

Forest Green is proof that is doesn't matter where a club/team is situated, it's how much cash the owner is prepared to inject in the search for success .. I suspect that Vince, the owner, has become rich through public subsidies for green energy
    .. there are plans afoot for an all wooden 'vegan' stadium .. should be interesting

you would of thought that having an all wooden stand it would go against health and safety? what with the Bradford fire. I don't know if there is a rule in the football league for this though. I guess as long as its up to regulations it doesn't matter. (probably answered my own question)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As someone that hates Tranmere I couldn't be happier that they won yesterday.
  • Options
    I can't be the only person who had to google where they were
  • Options
    Big local derbies at Swindon and Cheltenham for them next season.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39923153

It is an unbelievable achievement to put a village team in the Football League," manager Mark Cooper told BBC Sport.

Dont forget Charlton Village which has been swallowed by the mammoth that is London!!
  • Options

you would of thought that having an all wooden stand it would go against health and safety? what with the Bradford fire. I don't know if there is a rule in the football league for this though. I guess as long as its up to regulations it doesn't matter. (probably answered my own question)
    Fire retardent wood is pretty common now days. Whilst good intentioned you do have to question whether it is actually that sustainable. Once you take into account the chemicals needed to fireproof something plus the enormous additional transport and production costs. There have been studies that have said as much. Many of these projects that intend to be sustainable/eco friendly end up having the same or even slightly larger environmental costs. And often much worse impact on conservation. Which is my one big bug bear with these things. They mean well but get caught up in the details 'this material produces less c02 to build with than this one' but it comes from a rain forest and there is a significant loss of ecosystem. It has to be shipped halfway round the world which more than covers the lower C02 and there are chemical byproducts of making it safe to use which are released into more ecosystems. But it makes one individual feel better about themselves so you can't criticise.

I don't know the details of the plans for their stadium but it is often the way it goes...
  • Options
    Cheers canters. Seems as if your quite passionate about this and have taught me that though it sounds like a good eco friendly and sustainable idea it actually probably isn't in the long run.
  • Options
    El Glosico
  • Options

Cheers canters. Seems as if your quite passionate about this and have taught me that though it sounds like a good eco friendly and sustainable idea it actually probably isn't in the long run.

It's one of my things... I more focus on conservation and what I call the bigger picture than the common eco-friendly/ green movement.

As I said it's not always the case. There are some things that are very good for the environment and can bring individuals significant cost savings (solar panels on roof etc). But just because something appears green/ eco friendly we shouldn't take it as a given.

Off shore wind farms for example. The amount of concrete and other materials required to put them there and the impact that water damage does on their life span means that they are barely carbon neutral. They don't actually save any more C02 than it takes to put them there. We only have so many of them because we have an EU target to meet. However I'm not saying we shouldn't use them. Only by using and trying these things do we find out what works and develop the technologies to improve them. For instance I read the other day about a proposal to turn the current offshore wind farms into a combined wind/hydro/tidal/wave power plant which is expected to be a huge success.

Anyway tangent much.
  • Options

Fire retardent wood is pretty common now days. Whilst good intentioned you do have to question whether it is actually that sustainable. Once you take into account the chemicals needed to fireproof something plus the enormous additional transport and production costs. There have been studies that have said as much. Many of these projects that intend to be sustainable/eco friendly end up having the same or even slightly larger environmental costs. And often much worse impact on conservation. Which is my one big bug bear with these things. They mean well but get caught up in the details 'this material produces less c02 to build with than this one' but it comes from a rain forest and there is a significant loss of ecosystem. It has to be shipped halfway round the world which more than covers the lower C02 and there are chemical byproducts of making it safe to use which are released into more ecosystems. But it makes one individual feel better about themselves so you can't criticise.

I don't know the details of the plans for their stadium but it is often the way it goes...
    very good post .. one of Newton's laws states that for every action there is an equal opposite reaction, if you get my drift .. thus for every good intention there is a cost to someone else.
    Vince is a very good self publicist with political ambitions, he's now 'come out' as a mate of Jezza Corbyn ((:>)