Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Henry Allingham

World war one veteran and reputedly the worlds oldest man died today...RIP braveheart...RIP.

He lived in South London in his youth(not sure where) and he was 113.

Comments

• Options
    Thats a good knock. Bet he has seen some changes. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Henry, I will raise a glass or two to you today.

And.........Thank You.
  • Options
    Saw W.G.Grace play cricket! Lead an amazing life. RIP.
  • Options
    A Truly fantastic and inspirational man. Read his autobiography- a totally fascinating book on a fascinating life. RIP Henry, you will be sorely missed but will be a source of inspiration forever.
  • Options
    What a character, watched him on TV very recently, he was obviously frail but his humour and wisdom still shone though. RIP and thank you.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]World war one veteran and reputedly the worlds oldest man died today...RIP braveheart...RIP.

I am in the middle of reading his autobiography, Kitchener's Last Volunteer. An interesting read. He was born in Upper Clapton.

RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
    And Thank You.
  • Options
    So sad.....
    RIP.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    RIP Henry. I will have to get that book.

Only two veterans of WWI now remain alive.
  • Options
    R.I.P
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]World war one veteran and reputedly the worlds oldest man died today...RIP braveheart...RIP.

Streatham
  • Options
    R.I.P
  • Options
    Rest In Peace for you are now re-joined with your brother's in arms - All those who have been in the services either in the past or now who pass on, do so with my full respect.
  • Options
    R.I.P
  • Options
    Well said Dazzler. RIP Henry.
  • Options
    Saw an interview with him. Asked how he wanted to be remembered, he replied that he didnt want to be remembered and wanted those who had given their lives to be always remembered. A short interview but said it all about the man.

RIP Henry. Lest we forget.