Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burton linked with Chesterfield

edited July 2009 in Rumours
Spireites boss eyes more firepower
Chesterfield manager John Sheridan is looking to strengthen his strikeforce and has been linked with a move for Charlton's Deon Burton.
The Spireites have been linked with Burton, but Sheridan was coy when asked about the 32-year-old.
He said: "He is a striker and I am looking for a striker, but he is with another club."

Would be really suprised if we let him go as i (depressingly) see him as our top striker.

Comments

• Options
    Our new Tibetian owners echo my sentiments. . . .
  • Options
    No disrespect to them but it would surprise me if Chesterfield could match what we are allegedly paying Burton.

He was supposedly all set to go to Cheltenham town and we are meant to have offered double what they had.
  • Options
    Parky may have his eye on someone else to replace Super Deon?

The way we are shipping players Welling might put an offer in someone soon.

'Welcome to the House of Fun. . . ."
  • Options
    If we can't even keep Burton we're seriously going to struggle.

If we can get the right players around him he'll be a good player for us and play an important role.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]If we can't even keep Burton we're seriously going to struggle.

If we can get the right players around him he'll be a good player for us and play an important role.

A prime example of how far we've fallen.
  • Options
    Spoke briefly to him the other day, and showed no indication that he was after a move.
    As it happens, he seemed quite happy.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite] Would be really suprised if we let him go as i (depressingly) see him as our top striker.

Sadly i have to agree with this. i think he'll be a decent striker in league one.
  • Options
    I think he's quite happy but he does struggle with living separate to his wife and children who are in the midlands. He told us at the sponsors dinner that his little girl had said to him "i understand daddy that you and mummy dont want to live together anymore" or something like that. so he misses his family. i suppose he didnt move them down as didnt know how secure his future was.
  • Options
    No we cannot sell the hatrick hero
  • Options
    Feel sorry for him being away from his family.

I think a move to Chesterfield would be a very fair thing to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feel sorry for him picking up a few grand a week, playing football, loads of time on his hands, how can anyone feel sorry for a footballer, they have the life most would give their right arm for
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Feel sorry for him picking up a few grand a week, playing football, loads of time on his hands, how can anyone feel sorry for a footballer, they have the life most would give their right arm for

I think falconwood_1's comment was sarcasm.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I think he's quite happy but he does struggle with living separate to his wife and children who are in the midlands. He told us at the sponsors dinner that his little girl had said to him "i understand daddy that you and mummy dont want to live together anymore" or something like that. so he misses his family. i suppose he didnt move them down as didnt know how secure his future was.

That must be hard on him if his little girl is saying that but equally he gets well paid for doing a job he probably loves and the midlands is a 2-3 hour drive away. I'm sure there's soldiers or blokes who work on oil rigs who go months without seeing their kids and aren't anywhere near as well paid.
  • Options
    erm, can't he commute??
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hell also be a massive signing for them in terms of the size of club they are. Im sure hed find the potential hero worship hed get there on the pitch and even walking down the road even if hes not prolific a lot more appealing than the indifference/ negativity he may have received for underperforming at our place.